Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Iron-on transfer paper for printers
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve seen this before, but can’t remember where. I need to get some today so it needs to be in a big Tesco, Staples, etc.

You print something onto it and then iron it onto a t-shirt. Anyone got any ideas where to try?

ThePinkster

Tesco has these on line.

No idea if it’s available in store though.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Staples do it

molgrips
    Free Member

Thanks all.

gonzy
    Free Member

i recall Asda selling them too

verses

Has anyone had success with these?

I’ve found they fall apart the first time you wash them…

AlexSimon

I’ve had some good results in the past, The key for me was to trim the paper to the shape of the print. They do crack/craze eventually though. With some of mine, that looks pretty good though. Some looked rubbish after 10 washes, some are still going after maybe 100.

You can get some that go on dark fabrics now and I’ll be giving them a go as soon as they arrive. (I’ve gone for Avery).

Saccades
    Free Member

Did a load for the kids B’day – faded after 10 washes or so. Were dirst cheapo jobs in Tesco though.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

like everything in life you get different types, the stuff these guys sell is good.

http://www.yolo.co.uk/heat-transfer-paper-1-c.asp

the thick stuff for darks cracks, the thin stuff for lights is soft and has a good feel. you definitely need to trim or you see the transfer itself, and its also worth playing with your print settings to get the best print results.

it will work with an iron but a heat press is best.

hugely though with printing it depends what you want and how many. for what most people pay for a blank T it does’nt take many shirts to get to a point where someone with some kit could do you run for the same cash, maybe not screenprint but definitely transfer or vinyl. well i could anyway but then i’m cheap!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Iron-on transfer paper for printers’ is closed to new replies.