Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Iron Maiden = Spinal Tap?
  • mattjg
    Free Member

yeah that looks it

I’ve grown out of metal these days, but I still rate Piece Of Mind, Powerslave and Somewhere In Time among the best albums of any genre ever.

Funny, I became aware of Maiden at the time of Number of the Beast.

But if I met Dicko now I’d want to ask him “how does it feel to know you joined Maiden just after their best ever album?”.

mattjg
    Free Member

Tony you made my day with that vid, tho I remember the eagle being more stripey than spotty. But it was along time ago.

Best thing about Saxon: it was simple, rocking tunes, and you looked up and thought “those lads on the stage, that could be me”

Dallas 1PM and 747, they still send shivers down the spine. (‘Mrs Kennedy’s pink suit’)

RobHilton
    Free Member

Oh,and IIRC, Thunderstick played with Samson, not Saxon

Ooops! So he did.

Also with the mighty Maiden – lasted 1 gig apparently.

johndoh
    Free Member

mattjg – Member
    yeah that looks it
    I’ve grown out of metal these days, but I still rate Piece Of Mind, Powerslave and Somewhere In Time among the best albums of any genre ever.
    Funny, I became aware of Maiden at the time of Number of the Beast.
    But if I met Dicko now I’d want to ask him “how does it feel to know you joined Maiden just after their best ever album?”.

Probably have to agree – the first two albums are superior but NOTB still very good for the most part.

Funnily enough, my fave track at the moment is actually Fear of the Dark (live).

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Iron Maiden = Spinal Tap?’ is closed to new replies.