Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Irn-Bru from a glass bottle = tastier……….
  • alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Oh and equally importantly – cold!

Why – discuss 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Don’t they have to put a different ratio of gas into a plastic bottle.? Same goes for coke I believe.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes defo the same for Coke, tastes so good out of one of the small glass bottles. Got to be so cold it hurts when you drink it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Irn bru is rank.

althepal

Had one the other day there.. Nearly stripped the enamel from my teeth but goodness, did I need it!

maccruiskeen

Its salivating at the prospect of having a glass cheque to cash

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

[/quote]Irn bru is rank.

Good when there is ‘no beer in the fridge’ 🙂

Davesport

Irn bru is rank.

Heretic…Burn him 😀

GrahamS

Irn Bru is purely medicinal.

Great hangover cure: flat, room temperature Irn Bru and cheap white chocolate. Sorts me out every time.

(Or at least it used to. Nowadays a hangover seems to last for at least 3 days. Gettin old 🙁 )

But yeah, if you insist on drinking it recreationally then it is definitely tastier from a glass bottle.

Same as beer really: compare a plastic pint tumbler to a proper glass one.

trail_rat
    Free Member

last night stood in the queue at my local spar getting foil for t’roast

i saw little 250ml bottles of irn bru by the counter …. i was nearly suckered in to sucumbing to having one till i noticed 72p !!!! 72p !!!!!

andytherocketeer

Irn Bru is ace. Definitely true about the glass bottles. Best served ice cold.

Irn Bru sorbet/icecream was not bad.

Diet Irn Bru is rank though.

fisha
    Free Member

Yes, they put different amounts of gas into the glass bottle compared to the plastic ones. Something to do with the plastic ones leaking ever so slightly cause the plastic is permeable? , so they add more gas to compensate for the leakage over the shelf life. I think the same is true of cans as well.

Glass bottles don’t leak, so they add just the right amount of gas. It definitely tastes better.

boristhespie
    Free Member

Irn Bru is like melted plastic. I hate to thnk what the “secrer” ingredients are. Barrs are in negociations with Britvic right now to merge and create the largest European ssoft drinks company so expect irn bru across Europe if they succeed. Poisoning the europeans. Irn bru is largely a west coast drink and is indeed RANK!!!!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Irn Bru + Smoked Sausage supper = Heaven.

rootes1

Yes defo the same for Coke, tastes so good out of one of the small glass bottles. Got to be so cold it hurts when you drink it.

Yep soo true..

also Irn-bru is an ace mixer with cheap whisky

ittaika
    Free Member

i always thought fizzy drinks from glass bottles were tastier than ones from plastic bottles or cans as well. has to be cold too.

and irn-bru does indeed have mystical post-boozing healing properties. yet to try it with whisky though!

SiB
    Free Member

I was once told it was because of the drink reacting with the natural minerals/ores/elements (or something along thise lines) of the glass that gave all glass bottled drinks a nicer taste?

Maybe it was a complete lie but I like to believe its true!

big_scot_nanny

Oh, christ, I am starving and now live a long way from Scotia, so talk of a sausage supper and a cold glass bottle of Bru is getting my saliva going something rotten…. mmmmmmmmmmmmm

😆

jfletch
    Free Member

The taste of all fizzy drinks is better from glass

Glass > Can > Plastic

The taste of plastic and canned drinks can be improved by pouring into a glass. Drinking directly from a can is OK. Directly from a plastic bottle is rank.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Irn-Bru from a glass bottle = tastier……….’ is closed to new replies.