Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Irish Journo with a good review on a 500k old Octavia
  • hora
    Free Member

This is too good not to share. Handsup who’d take a couple hundred euros punt on it?

[video]https://youtu.be/lbgTmJ-nDCg[/video]

JulianA
    Free Member

I would. Best looking Octy and very reliable!

vondally
    Free Member

wonderful vid, great review and yes i would for a bike mover

rickmeister

1.9tdi, best engine.

Bit unsophisticated but in the main tough as nails if serviced. Very few sensors, no dpf, what’s not to like…

sharkattack

There’s a clean, red, estate for sale where I live for £900 with 165,000 miles on it. Shame I’m not in the market.

wallop

That was really great!

timber

Looks promising for my £750 Octavia estate then. Maybe knock off a 100k for the 4wd system and another 100k for petrol turbo. Another 120k left in it easily then. Surprisingly well put together, friend that is used to nearly new BMWs was amazed by the lack of squeaks and rattles.

And a lot better than the 250k Audi that I am currently borrowing.

kazafaza
    Free Member

Why do you need to borrow an Audi? Anything wrong with Octavia? 😉

mboy
    Free Member

There’s an 2000X Octavia Hatch for sale locally to me with only 28k miles on the clock!!!

The only downer… It’s a 1.8 non turbo petrol. Will be a nice cheap reliable car for someone, as long as you don’t mind the fuel consumption.

chewkw
    Free Member

I like Skoda.

😆

racefaceec90

i would buy it (if i had the money to buy and run a car). skoda’s are the car of the people 8)

timber

Kazafaza – The down pipe has only lasted 180k, shocking. It’s at the garage to have its manifold nuts heated before tweaking. The Audi is the current loan car as the clutch has gone in the 300k Bora.

bensales
    Free Member

I’ve seen that guy doing a review of an XF as well. He’s a very good presenter. Should be on the new Top Gear.

ninfan
    Free Member

He’s a very good presenter. Should be on the new Top Gear.

+1

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Irish Journo with a good review on a 500k old Octavia’ is closed to new replies.