Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Ireland Road Trip – MTB or Road/Cross Bike?
  • MasterOfNone
    Free Member

Hi All,

Long time reader first time question to the masses. Wasn’t sure which thread this should be in but my question does invole bikes so…

“Mrs of None” and myself are off on a road trip for 2 weeks from tomorrow. Original plan was take the van and MTBs and head to the north west of scotland to sample the trails and the whisky. Nothing booked, just planning to explore. However, the weather looks pants up there at the moment and for the foreseeable. So plan B is to head to Ireland with a similar plan to explore and sample whiskey/stout as we go.

my question is what is the mtbing like in Ireland? i have read that its not really encouraged over there (technically illegal, i thought i read somewhere too!), so is it worth taking the mtbs and if so where are the best trails? or should we take the road bikes to explore the quiet lanes and lesser know spots instead?

Advice is appreciated…

davegreene
    Free Member

There are a few official trails now. Have a look at the coillte site to see them.

Loads more unofficial trails around the country. You’ll probably have to have a poke around strava to find them though!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Ireland Road Trip – MTB or Road/Cross Bike?’ is closed to new replies.