Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • iPod touch – talk to me…
  • davosaurusrex

Our 9 year old daughter is desperate for one for Christmas. They seem bloody expensive to me for what appears to be a glorified music player. Typical Apple then. So are they worth it? Are there other products on the market that are as good for less? Last gen ones any good? Minimum memory required?

Basically I’m lazy and can’t be arsed to do any research (unless you all let me down and I will then have to, being as she’s my daughter and all). Help me out STW!

Any pointers for good deals would also be splendid, fanks

jimdubleyou

Think of it as an iphone without the phone bit.

Why not just get an iphone, then you can use it as a tracking device…

davosaurusrex

I dunno, she had my old LG G2 off me (without a sim card so pretty much the same as a touch I guess), made her save up £20 in the hope it would teach her to look after stuff. Christ knows where that has gone. £500 quid phone new. Not really feeling getting her something so expensive and easy to break or lose.

jimdubleyou

iphone SE £200 or less on ebay…

davosaurusrex

I think 9 is too young for a phone

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

They seem bloody expensive to me for what appears to be a glorified music player HD multimedia-player, ebook-reader, 8mp digital stills and HD video camera w/editor, voice-recorder, movie-editor, digital compass, internet browser, virtual pint, touch-screen video game console, podcast-streamer, video-conf’ing, mine-crafting, Sims-tickling, music-composing, art-creating, sketch-booking torch alarm clock and calculator

ftfy 😉

Music players at least do one thing well.

8GB Sony Walkman instead? 35hr playback on a charge?
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5398353?cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59158%7Ccid:200217410%7Cagid:12488202170%7Ctid:pla-271952955812%7Ccrid:66128549810%7Cnw:g%7Crnd:5992736217541834372%7Cdvc:t%7Cadp:1o1%7Cmt:%7Cloc:9045569&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpdrb2dbG1wIVz5TtCh1jowyTEAQYASABEgLuNfD_BwE

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘iPod touch – talk to me…’ is closed to new replies.