Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ipod numpty help
  • falkirk-mark

How hard is it to run more than one ipod off the same computer. Would it try to sync all the ipods with the same tunes or would it recognise the different ipods? (do not think I could listen to my 14 year old if he got abba or miley cyrus on his ipod) Sorry for the numptiness of the question . Cheers Mark

BoardinBob

It recognises the different ipods. Me and the wife run ours on the same PC.

To be honest though, use winamp instead of itunes. Much faster and easier to use and no problems with multiple ipods. itunes really is awful

falkirk-mark

thanks bob that's the kind of info i am looking for

seven
    Free Member

You can manage what music is copied to individual ipods by creating playlists and telling the ipod to sync from the specific playlist.

tomzo
    Free Member

Not hard at all. Personally I'd stick with itunes as its very easy to use. As seven said, you can have the the itunes with everyones music on but then create a playlist, e.g "dad's music" and then just drag your music across to it. Alternatively, you could have different windows log ins,so when you turn on the computer, you have to select which user account you want to go on, and then each user will have an individual itunes library.

nickc

I just turn off the auto sync, and just drag and drop stuff manually as I want to. 3 ipods, one itunes.

itunes really is awful

Really? Never found it any better or worse than any other music management program…

BoardinBob

It's soooo slow and hogs memory like nothing else. Even on my very hi-spec desktop

Drac

Yeah switch off Autosyncing and drag and drop lot easier in the long run.

itunes is fine I think you need a new 'veru high spec machine' or need to look at cleaning it up hardly any memory used up on my machine.

BoardinBob

Nope. No need for a new computer at all. My desktop is my music making machine and handles Ableton, Cubase, Reason etc with ease. iTunes is so slow to update the library, rip cds, update the ipod etc. Winamp is super fast. Mind you, my music library is currently sitting at around 4 terabytes but winamp doesn't miss a beat whereas itunes just grinds to a halt.

Drac

That's a lot of music and a lot more than most people will have 4,000 gig mental.

nickc

OK, for some-one with 4Tb of music i could understand why it's "awful" mean time back in the real world, it's fine.

Drac

Must take some listen to over 800,000 tunes.

falkirk-mark

Thanks guys, I think I will try Tomzos suggestion of different windows log ins. Up till now we have just used the same one for everyone in the house.

aaboi210
    Free Member

if they are different models then there shouldnt be a peoblem but i tried sincing a iphone and a ipod on the same pc and it didnt work it messed all of the settings up and was really slow. now i use different pcs for each 🙂 mutch easyer if u can do tht. itunes need 2 get it soreted out!!!

DrJ

I am currently synching about 6 or 7 iPods on one computer, one account. No problems. So I guess I don't get any "cool points" for pretending that iTunes is rubbish 🙁

kiwijohn

We use 2 different user accounts to keep all our photos, music & junk separate. Works well for 2 ipods.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Ipod numpty help’ is closed to new replies.