Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • iPod nano 5g as helmet cam?
  • pjbarton
    Free Member

I was thinking about getting a nano. One reason is to always have a video recorder in my pocket. Clearly it's not the best quality (video) in the world, but at £100 maybe a decent option to strap to a helmet. Has anyone tried this?

cookeaa

You can buy cheaper helmet cams, why scuff the crap out of your latest "Branded lifestyle choice"?

pjbarton
    Free Member

yeah – i have an origon one – but the footage is really poor and it's difficult to know when it's recording and when it's not. also the nano can record 16 hours of video so you could leave it recording all day. the nano footage on youtube looks pretty good. i'd also use nike+.

cookeaa

Likewise I also own the Oregon jobbie, it's shite video quality but very robust and water proof, if I break it I wouldn’t shed a tear where as gaffa taping a shiney new £100 ipod to my noggin I’d feel slightly more of a tool and really don’t think Apple's returns department would understand when it came back with half a forest floor embedded in the housing,

Helmet Cam footage always looks **** no matter how expensive the toy you recorded it on…

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i reckon its a reasonably good idea. Theres no moving parts in an ipod and about 8 billion (ish) cases to choose from that will keep it safe. economies of scale mean it prob be hard to beat for the money.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘iPod nano 5g as helmet cam?’ is closed to new replies.