Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • iPod FM Transmitter – Belkin Tunebase II
  • Alek
    Free Member

Looking to buy one of these for my mothers' christmas.

Same as this

Following a google search I have found some stores that sell them but none I 'know' off. I'm sure they are all equally as good as one another but not sure which one!

Anyone bought Belkin recently and who from? And how good was the service?

br
    Free Member

TBH I've used numerous types of these transmitters and in the end had a fixed 'line' installed into my car – £160 all in – and works though the stero including the steering wheel buttons.

sc-xc

what car has she got? I just got a plug for the back of a laguna stereo for 26 quid – does all of the above.

go here

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

100% with br- bought loads , all rubbish. Bought a new car and had an iPod connection done – best £120 on a car ever for me.

Alek
    Free Member

She has a 'beetle'………

Now c'mon, its a Christmas prezzie and I'm not entirely flush this year!

£50.00 tops!

sc-xc

You will be able to get a connector from the link above. It took me minutes to pull the stereo out, put the connector into the back (in the slot normally reserved for the CD multi changer), put the stereo back in. Ipod now plays through stereo, and volume can be controlled from the steering wheel. Less than £30 posted, and no losing FM signal.

skidartist
    Free Member

Aye, particularly if you live /travel through anywhere built up transmitters can be a pain in the butt. Work out a direct connection solution if you can. If a transmitter is your only option then the key is finding one that tunes outside of the edges of commonly used radio frequencies, if it tunes down to 87mhz (many stop at 88) then 87mhz is where you're most likely to get an interference free trip.

I went with a direct connection after 3 consecutive annoying transitters, all which broke down. I keep one now only because I often use hire vehicles, but don't bother with it for anything other than long rural stretches

bruk

Whew, have bought 1 for my brother-in-law as he spends large amounts of time driving around north of Scotland in pool cars and when I read those initial reviews I thought I'd bought a duff pressie.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘iPod FM Transmitter – Belkin Tunebase II’ is closed to new replies.