Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • iphone upgrade on Vodafone
  • mangoridebike

Hi

I'm already a vodafone customer and am due for an upgrade, however Vodafone are apparently unable to offer an iphone as an iupgrade to me, despite being able to offer them to new customers. has anyone else experienced this, and any tips to get round the issue and get an iphone as an upgrade?

Cheers

Jamie
    Free Member

Cancel your contract with them and then re-sign up?

clubber
    Free Member

Cancel your existing contract?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cancel your contract and tell them you're going to O2. I'll bet they magically change their minds……

bruneep

Current contract expired? If so cancel the contract transfer number to PAYG and then take out new contract and then transfer PAYG number to your new contract.

Or I can give the CEO of Vodafone UK email address if you want and mail him direct to explain the daftness of it all.

I emailed him when my phone wasn't fit for purpose i.e it was Sh1te kept switching it off and dropping calls and VF CS said there was nothing they can do. However an email to the head man got me a replacement phone within the week.

B

Wozza
    Free Member

A mate called about this yesterday… "we don't negotiate on the iPhone no matter how much you spend with us".

What is it about this phone and the twatish behaviour it brings out?

I'll be keeping my Blackberry for a bit longer then.

mogrim

"we don't negotiate on the iPhone no matter how much you spend with us".

That's Apple, not the phone company. Money-off bargains cheapens the brand.

br
    Free Member

but people still buy them – and spend shitloads – sounds like good business to me

geoffj

It makes sense. They've got a shiny new product in limited supply, which they have decided to use to snag new customers from other companies.

I'm not saying its right, and it may even be short sighted, but they are cashing in now and I can see why.

dmiller
    Free Member

From Vodafones site today… 🙂

Wozza
    Free Member

I'm not saying its right, and it may even be short sighted, but they are cashing in now and I can see why.

Agreed

piemann
    Free Member

OP, that's not been my experience. I upgraded to an iPhone on the 30th of December (pre-ordered – delivery on he 14th of Jan). Absolutley no problem whatsoever.

Maybe phone them back and try and speak to a different operator?

Stu_N

Threaten to leave – if they don't budge send them a note of termination for your contract and ask for a PAC code.

If that doesn't work then wait until the last week to switch to 02 or Orange – may well get a deal from the retention team.

If you start a new contract (rather than upgrade) with Vodafone you won't be able to keep your number but if you move you can.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Pre-ordered mine between Christmas and new year. Fingers crossed it gets here on the 14th. Same deal as everyone else can get as advertised on their web site. In terms of getting a deal, I couldn't do better than free delivery.

DickBarton

Bruneep, I'd be interested in the email address please.

I am apparently a high-net worth customer with them, due to my long-term with them and my price plan – last time round before this contract I negotiated a huge saving of almost 50% on my contract, so I was getting a great deal for not a lot of money (but still £35/month).

Anyway this time round all the tarrifs have changed and I'm no longer considered high-net worth as the £35 contract now offers more than what I was on so the last upgrade saw me getting offered every and all phone possible and this one I had the choice of 3, all below the spec of the one I had…no room for movement and even asking for PAC code and the gubbins to move my number didn't see them budge.

I orgianlly called to see if I could get a 5 year contract with a new phone each year but they could only offer up to 24 months and no phone upgrade – wasn't impressed as the Vodafone network hs been the best where I have been so I'm not wanting to move, but it would help if their price plans were a bit more flexible in terms of length and deal offered.

Good luck getting the iphone…although not sure if it's a smart move as there are better phones out there that do the same thing (although they don't look as nice).

mangoridebike

I've spoken to a vodafone a couple of times and was told both times that they weren't able to offer upgrades to iphones at the current time and they had no idea when they were going to be able to, their only advice was to keep calling back to see if it was possible yet.

the upgrade link on the website doesn't work for me either.

I know that there are other phones out there that can do what the iphone does, but all my music is on itunes and I want a nice easy way of combining my phone and my ipod.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

i just called them re an upgrade.. I know I upgraded a while back but did not get a new phone.

Called for a price of the i phone and was quoted 500quid. This is considering my phone is on highest tarrif vadafone offer and i am a long term customer!

Pretty shocking!

It's actually cheaper to buy SIM free off Apple Store!!!

DickBarton

But if your music is store in a format that isn't tied to Apple i.e. not .aac then it can be stored on a memory card and played on any phone that accepts that card. Effectively if your music is in .mp3 format then you shouldn't have the issue with being tied to Apple…

waynekerr
    Free Member

Just move to O2, I was with Vodafone since I first got a mobile, I did not want to leave, but wanted an phone. It was much less painfull & bother than I thought. I just wanted to stay loyal to vodafone who were great over the years, I have found O2 are just as good, it really makes no difference who your loyalty lies with, they don't seem to care either.

mangoridebike

BigMan – I think some of the pay monthly deals are better than that for new customers – I'll try again today and see if they are will deign to keep me as a customer.

Dick Barton – most of the music was ripped from cds using Itunes – I'm assuming that this means it is aac? My obvious lack of technical knowledge in this area is what makes the iphone appealing 🙂

mangoridebike

I'm tempted by the move to O2, but most of my family and quite a few friends are with Vodafone so it would be good to stay with them if I can.

witty.name
    Free Member

Ive just dumped vodaphone for this very reason and gone to orange.Waiting for my pac code to through right now,should be complete tomorrow.Orange have given fantastic customer service so far and its a very nice phone,Worth the hassle.

Alphabet

It's actually cheaper to buy SIM free off Apple Store!!!

I was told in an Apple store that you can't buy one sim free. You can buy one with a one month pay as you go sim (which adds a tenner to the price) but the phone is still latched to either Orange or O2.

Kuco

Genuine sim free Apple Phones.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

715 quid! It's 440 pay as you go. O2 will unlock it for you

Kuco

Yes and I still refuse to pay £440 for a phone I even refuse the £349 for the basic 3G.

steelfan
    Free Member

If you can wait I think the 4g will be out in June/July.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘iphone upgrade on Vodafone’ is closed to new replies.