Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • iPhone or Blackberry?
  • JoeBones
    Free Member

Which would be best, if going for the iPhone which model?

Any experience appreciated

theginjaninja
    Free Member

iPhone. 16gig min.

GrahamS

Ditto. iPhone 3GS, 16 or 32GB depending on your needs and budget.

Karl33to
    Free Member

I'd have a g2 over the blackberry any day, possibly over the iPhone too

RichPenny
    Free Member

I'd eat my own faeces rather than use another Blackberry.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

I have both (blackberry from work iPhone personal) iPhone is miles better

BeveledEdge
    Free Member

I like my blackberry :-p

It depends what you want it for…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I have been thinking about i phone! but the 32G one is expensive! I was thinking of going for the 16G one on a 24 month contract (to make it cheaper). What is the deal with the app things? am I right in saying a lot are free but some you have to pay for? how much are they??

what makes the i phone so cool? come on sell it to me ready for my upgrade in the New Year. i've been thinking about it for a while but feel it's a little more expensive so before I sign up for a 24 month contract want to ensure it's worthwhile!!
    cheers!!

cp

iphone! Useability and responsiveness is just so good, I knew when i got mine it needed to be simple and quick to use, rather than feature-rich, as i played with a nokia 5800 and just found it such a clunky faff for getting round by comparison to the iphone. infact, I have a mate now regretting getting his 5800 after he used my iphone for a few minutes.

i think other phones are good until you try the iphone – it really is that good.

some apps are free, some you pay for. you can download itunes and just browse the app store without actually having the phone, so you can see what stuff is available.

its ace!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fashion and lifestyle – Get an iPoo
    Using it as a phone and email function? Get a new model Blackberry Curve.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I was trying to find the apps on t'interwebt t'other day but it wasn't very user friendly! Maybe I was just looking in the wrong place .. can you guide me in?
    Is it user friendly for a numpty?

CountZero

Bl00dy heck Munqe-chick, you keep asking about the iPhone, and I, among others, keep telling you how good it is, and why you should get one, and still you keep asking us to convince you! Sorry, but it's a bit exasperating, I don't know what else to say but BUY ONE. It is without doubt the single most-used electronic device I've ever owned, and the most versatile. It's my iPod, digital radio, navigation, web browser, email, weather check, ticket ordering, book ordering, camera, Facebook, Ebook reader, oh, and telephone gadget. Yes, there are loads of free apps, there are many, many apps for 59p, more for around £1.50-1.70, and some quite expensive ones like Tom Tom, or the OED. I have Co-Pilot Live that cost £25, there are open source map apps, Tube maps, tide apps, paint and freehand drawing apps, photo retouching apps, Games, etc, etc, etc…
    There's something like 65000 apps available, I've got nine pages of apps on my 16Gb, and over 1100 songs and I'm running out of space, and I would love to have a 32Gb model, just to be able to get more music on, but I'm going to have to wait till next May when my contract renews, by which time the next model will be announced, which should be 64Gb. My £2500 six-year old Mac PowerBook hardly ever gets used now, because the phone is such a good all-round pocket computer. The CrackBerry is great for business use, where instant push email is important, but the push email on the iPhone updated every ten-fifteen minutes, and I have two email accounts on mine, so I don't miss out on mails, whereas before I'd only check every couple of days when I got the computer out, my old Nokia and XDA Mini were hopeless for mail and web use. What more can I say? I've had mobile phones since the Sony 'Mars Bar' analogue, mostly Nokias, and a number of Sonys, plus the XDA, with its horrid WinMob OS, and the iPhone is just the easiest to use – the fact it doesn't need a half-inch thick manual to enable you to use it should give you a clue.

aviemoron
    Free Member

Aye, I agree with all the above, when I'm out on site I can use the Iphone as an office replacement answering e-mails, accessing files and a really nice way of using the internet. I've had mine nearly two years, it still looks new-ish! and I'm still not bored with it, oh just about to take delivery of the 3GS. Mmmmmm luvly.

fubar
    Free Member

I was trying to find the apps on t'interwebt t'other day but it wasn't very user friendly! Maybe I was just looking in the wrong place .

You are supposed to search and download apps via iTunes (or direct from the phone). It is (IMO) a very poor user interface for searching/ browsing for apps and really doesn't do the iPhone justice. There are other sites…e.g. http://www.appshopper.com/

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

xipe … problem was before people just said "yup great phone get it" … in this response you have said everything I need to know as to WHY it's a great phone worth it rather then people saying "yeah it's easy to use"
    Super i'll be looking at getting the 16g one then! cheers

rOcKeTdOg

isn't iphone the on one inbred of the phone world? works well but everyone has one or wants one? it works well, what you need to ask is if you want to be part of the hive or an individual?

shortmessageservice
    Free Member

IPhone. In a hotel room reading single track forum using wifi and posting this response. To do this I had to go through the whole reset password thing as well.

GrahamS

everyone has one or wants one? it works well, what you need to ask is if you want to be part of the hive or an individual?

See I don't understand this argument at all. People like CaptainFlashheart imply that the iPhone is just a fashionable thing, whereas rOcKeTdOg is desperate to be fashionably anti-fashion.

Personally I'm not defined by phone. It's just a very useful tool that is well designed and a pleasure to use.

Jamie
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg:

What you need to ask is if you want to be part of the hive or an individual?

You're an idiot. No offence meant, but really….you are when you post nonsense like that.

Looking at you as well CFH.

The iPhone is a very useful business/leisure tool end of.

rOcKeTdOg

i'm an aquarian i have to go against the flow, only dead fish go with the current! 😉

Your an idiot. No offence meant, but really….you are when you post nonsense like that.

Looking at you as well CFH.

i don't own an ipod either, amazingly other mp3/4 players are avaliable and work too (for a lot less money) what's idiotic about that? i'm also articulate enough not to have to resort to purile name calling, no offence taken

GrahamS

Your an idiot.

LOL!

Jamie
    Free Member

GrahamS:

LOL!

It's the internet. Grammar, spelling and punctuation were the first victims.

Abbreviations made a killing though.

JoeBones
    Free Member

Common sense is dead and buried too!

bruneep

JoeBones – Member

Common sense is dead and buried too!

Indeed.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

If you feel that it's just a bit too expensive then may I suggest that you phone O2 to order one and see if they have any refurb'd units availible. I saved around 1/3 on retail and it comes absolutely as new other than the O2 box as opposed to the Apple one.
    I'd echo the positive points from above. It is by far the best gadget I have ever bought! That said, when I was looking to buy, both O2 shops I went in to the assistants recommended the Blackberry. I played with both in the shop and had an extended test via my mates Blackberry and have to say that for me the iPhone wins by a country mile.
    You have a 14 day return if my memory serves me correctly so my advice would be try in store, buy over the phone and if you don't like it send it back and get the alternative.
    Sent from the comfort of my bed via my iPhone btw 😀

nickc

Fashion and lifestyle – Get an iPoo
    Using it as a phone and email function? Get a new model Blackberry Curve.

Usual CFH trolling fail

DrJ

Who is the loser – a person who buys a good piece of kit even though it's trendy, or a person who buys a crap piece of kit because he's desperate not to look like someone who bought something because it's trendy?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I wanted an iPhone for a year or so, just because I, err like them. But I didn't want to pay for the contract.

Then I used my brother's a few times. Wow. They just work. There's not millions of settings to change, they don't really come with a manual at all. You just pick it up, turn it on, and point at stuff on the screen. As other's have said, I hardly use my PC now (Only for photo editing and to back the iPhone up) I do all my surfing on it, I reply to emails as and when I get them, I can track ebay items, Google maps is very useful, games, etc etc etc.

It's rare I go more than an hour without using it.

Fashion? Mine's in a rather battered case. It goes everywhere with me. As far as I can see, it's fashionable because it's so good and where's the harm in that?
    😀

rOcKeTdOg

i didn't say iphones were rubbish, read the post, i said they work well, i just don't want one thanks

iDave
    Free Member

nokia 5800 – it's like an iPhoney only better

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Must remember, no one is allowed to not like or criticise the all hallowed iPhone
    Must remember, no one is allowed to not like or criticise the all hallowed iPhone

Yawn.

clubber
    Free Member

Actually I think that the critism was the idea that your individuality was somehow linked to what phone you had. A bit like try-hard-niche-whores who somehow think that their bike defines them…

29erKeith
    Free Member

HTC Hero!

Don't be a sheep break the mould!

It is a great phone too btw

geoffj

I have a, iPhone and a Blackberry (for work). The iPhone is easier to use for email, web, calendar etc., the BB is better for making and managing calls (group ringtones etc). The BB is a better phone, but the iPhone is a better alround package. If I had to chose it would be the iPhone.

sharkbait
    Free Member

If you feel that it's just a bit too expensive then may I suggest that you phone O2 to order one and see if they have any refurb'd units availible. I saved around 1/3 on retail and it comes absolutely as new other than the O2 box as opposed to the Apple one.

I got a refurb for free a couple of weeks ago (on £35//month tarrif). Not sure if this is limited to existing O2 contract holders though. As stated the phone is effectively brand new with full warranty.
    You could say t's almost better than new as it's been fully checked over by Apple which is more than can be said for factory new ones!

nickc

By all means criticize, this though "Get an iPoo" is a bit of a give-away…If you're going to stir it up, at least have some sense of style about it. But seeing as both the email and phone function of the iphone are easy to use and functionally no different to the Blackberry, your point seems…pointless?

GrahamS

Good news for iphone (and other smartphone users) that use GMail:

Google has added GMail to the Google Sync Exchange server – so you can now get Gmail pushed (rather than pulled) to your phone. (Pretty much like a Blackberry)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Do catch up old chap. Of course you're allowed to criticise it. But you must understand you're in an ever shrinking minority when you make ridiculous claims about the Burberry Curve's (sorry, have to 😆 out loud at the name) superiority over the iPhone.

Fail again old chap.

ScoobysM8
    Free Member

Can't speak for anyone else, and it pains me to be going with Apple given that they pretend to be nicey nicey but are really as ruthless as Microsoft. But anyhow, my iPhone is the best bit of kit I've bought since I bought my bike. My mate who has a Blackberry wants one now too.

All through the 60s they promised me that I would have stuff like this in the 21st Century. Now it's happened 😀

ScoobysM8
    Free Member

Oh and get the 32GB one. You know you want to.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘iPhone or Blackberry?’ is closed to new replies.