Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • iPhone (6) update (fixed fingerprint)
  • stevextc
    Free Member

I finally updated the nagware on my iPhone 6….
    I’d held off as a previous upgrade my fingerprint recognition stopped working, apple said “you must have dropped it” etc. (which I might have ages ago but the fingerprint stopped working after an update with no drop)

Anyway… good news if anyone had the problem the “hardware problem” that apple say was nothing to do with the update just magically disappeared after the latest update.

Don’t know if I want a 🙂 or 🙁 as I’m a bit pissed they denied a fault, blamed the owners then fixed it… (Other than 4G this is the only really useful thing over my old 4s) ..I was surprised just how genuinely useful it was… especially when you only have one hand free but on the whole I’m happy it’s working again…

P-Jay
    Free Member

That’s good and also annoying, my 6 gave up the finger print ghost about a year “can’t be fixed” they said. I’ve got a 7 now, but I wonder if it would have fixed mine.

somafunk

It was a good idea, prob worked fine if you didn’t use your hands for manual jobs, Never really worked on my iPhone 5s but that’s prob due to the fact that i don’t really have fingerprints, more a collection of ever changing scars, grazes, and rough skin due to working with my hands.

drofluf
    Free Member

Which version of IOS are you running?

stevextc
    Free Member

Which version of IOS are you running?

10.3.1 as of this morning!

stevextc
    Free Member

It was a good idea, prob worked fine if you didn’t use your hands for manual jobs, Never really worked on my iPhone 5s but that’s prob due to the fact that i don’t really have fingerprints, more a collection of ever changing scars, grazes, and rough skin due to working with my hands.

I never had a 5 but my hands specially fingers are pretty rough fully of scars etc. and was impressed with the 6 until it stopped working!

drofluf
    Free Member

10.3.1 as of this morning!

Thanks! I’m on the same version, just wanted to make sure that I hadn’t missed one.

stevextc
    Free Member

That’s good and also annoying, my 6 gave up the finger print ghost about a year “can’t be fixed” they said. I’ve got a 7 now, but I wonder if it would have fixed mine.

Yep I know…. what pissed me off was their refusal to acknowledge it as an upgrade fault.
    I was even thinking “did I drop it the day before ??? ” even though I was pretty certain I hadn’t….

Iv’e been trying to skip updates since … why would I want a extended Korean character set ? and the whole thing has left me feeling that them refusing to say what “upgrades” actually do is not good.

My professional experience tells me that actual upgrades you do or don’t leaves ghosts where for example the testing is done from 11.1.1 to 11.1.2 assuming you went to 10.4.5 (for example) to 11.1.1 and something weird might happen if you had gone from 10.4.4 to 11.1.1 to 11.1.2

but you’d at least think they would say a specific upgrade did change the fingerprint recognition, not just flat out deny it could be anything to do with the upgrade.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘iPhone (6) update (fixed fingerprint)’ is closed to new replies.