Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • iPhone 5 adapter issues!
  • muddy247
    Free Member

Myself and Mrs Mudd recently upgraded to the iPhone 5, does anyone know of a suitable adapter to use with docking stations? The cheap ones from eBay work for charging but not for audio

Cougar

Don’t Apple do an official one?

Daffy

As above – it needs to be the £25 Apple one. I’ve tried several cheap ones from eBay and they work with some things and not with others.

STATO
    Free Member

This…

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/972175

Would suggest that they only work if your dock is ‘dumb’ ie. only takes audio signal and does not interact/control the phone/pod.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The Apple one should work, but they aren’t guaranteed to work with everything if I recall correctly. 🙂

legend
    Free Member

eBay, £2.50, sorted. Don’t have a link to hand unfortunately

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You’ve not read the OP have you? 🙂

zilog6128

The guy next door to me does car stereo/handsfree installs. He assures me that NONE of the cheapo adapters he has tried (a lot of them!) have worked, only the official Apple one.

OP, do yourself a favour and bin off the dock. Find some way of Airplaying to your stereo instead. Much, much better solution all round.

McHamish
    Free Member

Just speaking to someone in the office about this, I have one that The Wife bought from eBay for a few ££.

Works fine for charging and linking the phone to iTunes, but i haven’t used it for anything else.

The Wife is going to check who the seller was and I’ll update the thread.

bigG
    Free Member

In my experience the only one that works properly is the apple one, and yes I agree that £25 is a bit bloody steep but what else can you do?

STATO
    Free Member

Just speaking to someone in the office about this, I have one that The Wife bought from eBay for a few ££.

Works fine for charging and linking the phone to iTunes, but i haven’t used it for anything else.

the cheap ones work fine connecting pins from the 30pin to 8pin lightening (so power and data transfer) they dont include the DAC required to give the right output to the pins that pass the audio feed to a dock.

muddy247
    Free Member

/zilog6128-
    I was thinking along the lines of an airplay docking station. I have just realised that adapters don’t fit my phone in it’s Lifeproof case! I bought the case for whilst riding but have decided to use it everday- being in construction I’m around dust all day!

muddy247
    Free Member

The cheap adapter I bought to try works on my car stereo through USB but not on my docking station!
    Only out of the case though!!!

footflaps

Another reason to stick with the 4s as we’ve got a number of iPhone docking stations around the house…..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘iPhone 5 adapter issues!’ is closed to new replies.