Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Iphone 4 up on US pre-order site
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

https://buyiphone.apple.com/WebObjects/IPACustomer.woa/wa/IPAPreAuthAction/homePage?product=MC318LL/A&sf=us

They do pay more for their line rental and Data plans gosh 🙂 but less for the phone.

Drac

It's all over UK providers too.

glenh
    Free Member

It's on the uk store too. £499 +

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

£499 is the sim-free price. There's no contract prices as yet that I can find…..

Drac

Yup there is Vodafone for sure

foxyrider
    Free Member

yup tis now – wasn't earlier 🙂

Milkie
    Free Member

O2 Tarrifs No mention of iPhone price with the talk plans.

Popped into O2 and they will give me £200-£220 for my 3GS, which means I can upgrade on the launch day, for next to nothing!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Drac, as far as I can tell, that's the 3GS prices, not the 4……

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Popped into O2 and they will give me £200-£220 for my 3GS, which means I can upgrade on the launch day, for next to nothing!

Tell me more, 'cos that's a fair price for the phone….

Drac

Hmmm odd I followed the link for 4G and that's the list that came up, maybe when you add it to basket it shows 3G as 4G isn't out?

Drac

Think I was being dumb but anyway this was posted yesterday for Vodafone tariffs.

robdob
    Free Member

That's double the data that o2 (my provider) is offering for an iPhone 4. I like to send picture messages which is included in my current contract but o2 now want 20p per message withan iPhone 4

What are vodaphone like, any experiences?

Drac

I've been with Vodafone for years and have a 3GS with them, excellent provider and great coverage.

robdob
    Free Member

PP, you'll get more on eBay most of the time, although it's a bit more hassle. Also, selling phone and box seperately gets you more money!!
    I've got to sell mine ok eBay as it's a bit cracked and the on off button doesn't work. Should still get £120 for it though.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That's double the data that o2 (my provider) is offering for an iPhone 4

ROb, 500meg is LOADS! Have a look in your settings at what you've actually used and devide it by the number of months you've had the phone. I've done 3gb in just over a year, so about 230meg a month. I've just seen an 8gb 3G sell for £205 on Ebay. Take away the charges and the O2 deal is a good one, unless it's a lot less for an 8gb phone that is.

I will look into other providers though. Daft not to!

Cheers Drac, that's actually cheape than I thought it would be to be fair. 16gb should do me fine. 🙂

If it's a comparable price on O2, I might be able to swing getting one fairly soon, but I'm away on the launch date…..

Drac

16gb is ample I find, have loads of apps on it. I know some complain they can't get all their music on but you can get a shit load on and more than you can listen to in weeks.

clubber
    Free Member

Same here Drac but I can't download ALL my music to it which may be a good thing as I'm more selective that way 🙂

Some people like to have it all in one place and others just like the whole competitive "number of tracks on my iPod" thing 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

My 3G is only 8gb and I've got 1gb free.

If it gets a bit full, I just pull some music off it, stuff I don't listen to much, or am bored of. 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

PP, Mine works out at 390mb per month. Obviously some months it might be 200, but some months it could be over 500 as that's an average over 21 months (8.2gb)

I need a 16gb one tbh as i want to put more music on AND remeber the phone is going to be 5mp so will take up more data per pic. I have 600 pics on my phone which would take a big chunk out of 16gb. I'd prefer a 32gb one but no prices yet. Plus I just remembered that it'll do HD video, so use that quite a bit and you'll be saying goodbye to 16gig quite quickly!! Depends on the price I suppose.

Probably get more info on providers contracts soon, but o2 not looking great at the moment.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I reckon 32gig is a must if you want to make the most of the HD video

Drac

You can take the photos off it you know and the videos.

jam-bo

spoke to 02 retentions earlier and although he wouldnt give me prices he suggested that they would be able to do a deal to stop me from going to vodafone/orange.

we'll see, hopefully 02 will change their mind and do pre-orders so I can find out soon.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Iphone 4 up on US pre-order site’ is closed to new replies.