Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • iPhone 3G Vs 3Gs
  • squin
    Free Member

In a brief summary, can someone please explain the difference between the iPhone 3G and 3Gs? I can get the 3G on Orange FOC, yet the 3GS will cost me £89 pm – both £35pm with 600 mins.

Thanks,

Stu

cp

I imagine that should be £89 one off rather than per month??!

anyway, digital compass, more storage space, faster performance, higher mp on the camera and autofocus aswell.

I'm happy with my 3G.

nickb

IIRC, the 3GS has the upgraded 3G radio kit inside it (HSDPA), which is kind of like 3 1/2 G in terms of network data speeds rather than just 3G, if that makes any sense!

Nick

squin
    Free Member

cp – ah yes 😳

I suppose that the 3GS must be better, but is it worth paying the extra for?

cp

I think I'd go either with 3G or wait till June/July time and see what apple do for a new model.

though it depends if you want the compass.. camera upgrade not worth it IMO, find mine fast enough… so it depends if you need the extra storage space…

FuzzyWuzzy

Faster and more space, only had a 3GS myself but comments against some apps in the appstore indicate some struggle on the 3G

sharkbait
    Free Member

3Gs is a bit faster at most stuff than the 3G, plus it's got the digital compas thingy that's needed for some new apps, other than that they're the same.
    I've got a 3G and it's great, not hanking after a 3Gs. IF you have to have one now I'd go 3G as the 4G will be out in the summer.

al_f
    Free Member

Bear in mind that if you'd be upgrading/taking out a new contract now you'll probably not be able to change phone again in the summer without paying full whack for the handset.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I've got the 3G and i found that after the upgrade to the 3.0 software the performance got much worse. Can be slow and laggy at times, to the extent that i had to jailbreak it just so i could go back to a similar level of speed that i was getting pre 3.0. The 3GS doesnt suffer from the slow problems though so id either get that or hold off a bit longer until June until the new version is released.

CountZero

As ^^. Wait until June for the next gen phone. It'll have a faster processor, probably the A4 used in the iPad, more RAM, 64Gb storage, possibly a 5Mp camera, and any other upgrades Apple decide to include. The extra space alone will make the new one a must, if you want to use Outdoor or Memory Map with a lot of maps, along with music, eBooks, magazines and other stuff. My 16Gb 3G is full, I've got Outdoor South West England 1:50000, Memory Map Free with around 1200 Sq Km of 1:25000 mapping, CoPilot Live, 1100 songs, and a load of eBooks. I need more space!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘iPhone 3G Vs 3Gs’ is closed to new replies.