Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • iPad2 – is this a good deal?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So my mobile provider just gave me a shout saying they could do the iPad2 32Gb 3G (2GB data + 1Gb WiFi through BT Openzone), normally £200 upfront with £32/month for 24 months. There was some bumpf about free upgrade to iPad3 if it comes out during the term of the contract, but I didn’t listen to that.
    But, surprise, surprise, they’ve wiped the £200 upfront.

I figure I can lose a tenner of my mobile contract by re-jigging it a bit to a different tariff.

I am considering getting one, and if I do, I would go for a 3G (but prob 16Gb, not 32Gb). So, given that 3Gb on Vodafone (if I bought the iPad from Apple) would be £15/month…is this an iPad for 24 monthly payments of £17 – £408.

Of course, as a wooden flooring professional, an iPad is essential to my everyday needs so will be claimed as a business expense.

What do we think?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

SOunds like a bargain to me.
    That’s a £579 piece of kit, and Apple discounts are scarce. You’d probably get most of that back if you sell it after the contract is up, you. I’d bite their arms of personally!

Who’s your network provider?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Who’s your network provider?

The tax dodging bastards. 🙂

I’m very tempted.

Caher

Hmm not so sure – i have one but barely use it. I prefer my little netbook with extra memory installed. The Ipad is more of a toy for me but the laptop has a lid.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

i have one but barely use it.

It’ll get used. mrs deadly’s a GD so it will come in handy for her when she’s freelancing from home to studio and back again.

bruneep

I got a 3G 32 GB iPad “free” as long as I took out a £25 x 18 month contract from VF. Special deal as I had more than 3 accounts with them.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Special deal as I had more than 3 accounts with them.

Only the one for me. 🙂

jamiec360
    Free Member

Didn’t think I’d like it but mine’s barely been off since I got it at Christmas last year, writing this on it now. Had to buy one for my mrs for her birthday so I could get mine back off her.

Sounds like a decent deal, but get the 32gb if you can very surprising how quickly it fills up with apps video and music

prettygreenparrot

£768 for 24GB of data and a ‘free’ iPad2 thrown in? It’s a fair deal. Especially if they upgrade you to the iPad 3 when it emerges in 2012.

Having used them at work they’re a fair substitute for a laptop if you are reading, researching and tweaking. Less useful if you need to type a lot of content.

Pieface

They may be tax dodgers, but are they not modern Robin Hoods if it means you can get a cheap iPad?

Personally I’d rather have more Nurses and Teachers than DD having an iPad for his essential business purchase 😕

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Personally I’d rather have more Nurses and Teachers than DD having an iPad for his essential business purchase

Mleh 😛

It’ll be claimed on mrs deadly’s business expenses if anything – she is the graphic designer after all and can justify the expense.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘iPad2 – is this a good deal?’ is closed to new replies.