Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • iPad single track log in.
  • mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Why does it ignore my remember me box? I have to constantly fill in empty boxes. I’ll bet somehow I’m sure it’ll be my fault.

Drac

Try clearing your cookies.

From the Home screen, tap Settings.

Tap Safari.

To clear history: underneath the Privacy header, tap Clear History, confirm by again selecting Clear History.

zippykona

Are you in private mode? I was without realising it.

allfankledup

In the last couple of days, it is prompting for login every time I access the site

It used to ask every day or so, now the period between login requests is shorter

Superficial
    Free Member

I’m pretty certain the “remember me” box does nothing. I periodically have to log in again whatever device /browser in using. Just one of several irritations with this forum.

BUT my iPad will remember the name / password so I don’t have to actually type it. Are you updated fully on iOS?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

iPad should store the password for you, it’s not necessary for STW to do it. Turn Keychain on, all my passwords are shared between my 3 devices

Drac

It should only ask once a month to log back in on s device you use regularly. Dumping the STW cookie then restarting the browser usually helps when it gets buggy.

Superficial
    Free Member

It should only ask once a month

Sure, it should. But that’s not my experience at all. I’m also sure I can fix it by deleting cookies, but I don’t have to do that with any other website, and I shouldn’t have to. This forum software is pretty rubbish, isn’t it?

Drac

It’s weird isn’t it as I’ve never had to do it for STW but have for other sites. It’s almost as if it’s down the users machine being as that’s where the cookies are stored.

riddoch

It will be in private mode, it took me about a week and a complete reset to realise.

DickBarton

I need to login every second day…on all my devices – Desktops, laptops, phones and tablets…it isn’t just an ipod issue.
    The should part appears to be nonsense as it doesn’t last more than 48 hours…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘iPad single track log in.’ is closed to new replies.