Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • iPad or other tablet
  • jerseychaz

So, Mrs jerseychaz has a 3rd Generation iPad WiFi 16GB. The storage is full and the WiFi is flakey (both the connectivity to our router and the broadband service to the router). Consequently she’s after a replacement and the options are either an iPad Air 32GB at 439 Euro or a switch to something not Apple. I need to be able to swap over the photos, books and music seamlessly and reload a variety of Apps. Any suggestions……….

jekkyl

another ipad, nothing is as good.

Sundayjumper

Things may have changed but… a few years ago I bought a Nexus 7 due to the price and the gushing praise from Android fanbois. It was horrible. Clunky, unstable, with weird bugs. I never once used it without wanting to hurl it out of the window. The following year my wife bought me an iPad mini for my birthday, I’m still using it.

prawny

I’ve got a cheap Samsung tablet, it’s ok, not as slick as an iPad though. But you can do more with an android tablet than an iPad, I’d like to try a high spec one.

drlex
    Free Member
    johndoh
    Free Member

But you can do more with an android tablet than an iPad

If you want to do more than have a device that simply allows downloads from a store and use the apps then maybe, but for 99.9% of users, an Android device is simply an alternative to an iOS device.

prawny

@johndoh – I agree, and even for me who likes messing 99.9% of the time the ipad did the job anyway.

In fact the only android tab I would have is the Galaxy Tab S2 in 32GB flavour if I was buying again.

molgrips
    Free Member

That sounds outrageously expensive for a tablet, to me!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

[STW] ipad pro[/STW]

stumpy01

I can’t really see what an iPad does, that my LG GPad doesn’t do.

But, from what you say about existing apps, swapping over photo’s etc. I think that another Apple device would be the sensible way to go.
    Suits Apple too, doesn’t it?

RDL-82
    Free Member

iPad for me although happy with the mini vs air/pro size.

Had a mini2 which I gave to daughter as we were given Samsung Tab’s by work. Ultimately prefer the iPad. Just works better for my use so have just picked up a mini4.

Depends on use but for me I do everything on it, bills etc and unless I was getting a Google Nexus or whatever that came with good/prompt updates I wouldn’t bother with android again personally.

Although if you want it for kodi etc then failing jail breaking the iPad you need a mac and some messing to get kodi to run so then android wins.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘iPad or other tablet’ is closed to new replies.