Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • iPad office software -which is bestest?
  • DrP

As above really : are the apple original ones worth it at £6 each, as there’s a few bundles at about £6 for word/excel/ppt in one app.

Simple reviews would be appreciated, ta!

In return, I’ll tell you that cinXplayer is a cracking video viewing app that allows you to watch all sorts of file types, ‘outside’ apples typical restrictions!

Cheers,

DrP

derekrides
    Free Member

I use one called Office2 HD, it syncs ok can transfer excel files between it and my mac, wouldn’t do complex stuff on it, but works for read only applications which is all you really want.

Haven’t tried or needed to do ppt but I guess they’d be OK. The main thing i wanted at the time when it was early days for iPad 1, was some sort of file transfer capability which it does just fine.

big_scot_nanny

Depends what you want to use it for really. But I am sure you know that all are not fully featured desktop apps. I mostly use for review, comment and presentation purposes, rarely creation or serious editing.

I use the native apps (the filing system is wonderful and iCloud syncing a total joy), combined with Goodreader (for unzipping files and general pdf and document viewing) and Notability.

Keynote is fabulous, the one I use most often for viewing and simple editing of ppts.

Numbers is good for simple spreadsheets, anything with lots of stuff embedded is going to not work though.

Pages I find a bit rubbish, it gets tripped up in fairly fundamental ways by almost every doc I put in, but then we rarely use word docs.

You can annotate pdfs in goodreader, but it works better in notability. I find that a real killer feature of iPads, which is a big part of my job, and something that really can’t be done in any sensible way using any other system. Wonderful.

HTH! 😀

Kev

jamesy01
    Free Member

I’ve been using CloudOn combined with drop box.
    Allow you to create and edit MS office documents on the iPad or any other computer connected to the Internet.
    Best of all it’s free and it works so you’ve no excuse for not trying it 🙂

colournoise

Have you tried Google Docs or do you NEED to work in .docx/.xlsx/.pptx/etc.?

slainte 💡 rob

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Drop box fan here. I use it like one might use their “my documents” on my PC and then just access it with my iPad whn i’m out. I also use docs to go too, combined with drop box it seems pretty good. I think that cost a few quid though, £12 I think?

I’ve sent you a drop box link by email, click it and sign up and you’ll get bonus storage space ontop of the standard. I think I get some extra forthe invite too actually.

Dropbox is free.

All good.

DrP

Have drop box already, and got the app on iPad and android phone….

Really looking to do simple word processing, and tweaking/presenting ppts to small groups (might get the dv or VGA adaptor for the pad so it can be linked up to projector).

Will have a look at some of the recommendations in a bit mo detail -cheers!

DrP

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

The main options are QuickOffice or Documents to Go if you want to edit Microsoft file formats (if you don’t need to then The Apple apps are meant to be really good.).

Ive been using QuickOffice and it works but gets unstable with large or complex docs

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘iPad office software -which is bestest?’ is closed to new replies.