Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • iPad Business Applications?
  • brassneck

Looks like I might be getting one of these little beauties on trial – now I can do the whole gamut of what an IT geek needs (pretty much covered with RDP/VNC and ssh) but what normal day to day business apps are people running and finding useful or even essential?

I’m expecting most of the proper LoB apps to be delivered via Citrix/VDi, so it’s native apps ideally.

Thanks!

donsimon
    Free Member

I really would like to help you, but I haven’t got a fuckingclue what you’re talking about! 😉

brassneck

LoL – neither have I in this regard, hence I’m hoping the collective brain will come up with enough examples to look at that I can squeeze a semi professional looking assessment out of it.

I’m not sure ‘Look Mom, I canz remote control ur PC’ is going to be enough 😀

grievoustim
    Free Member

hmm – I have an iphone rather than an ipad, and I’m not sure if any of these apps might not be “hardcore” business enough for you – but they are all good apps

Simplenote – is a tool for taking notes – keeps the notes in a cloud and you can access/ update the notes then via your mac/ pc/ phone/ browser / whatever

Evernote is similar – but can be used to store pictures/ clippings from web pages/ voice messages/ pictures as well

Dropbox – store files in your dropbox on your PC or mac, then access them on your ipad

Torminalis
    Free Member

We have to wipe the stains off our R&D dept iPad everytime the CTO plays with KeyNote.

brassneck

Ta, that’s exactly the sort of thing – I have some of those in my list.

Are you doing any presenting with them? Playing Powerpoints was the most obvious albeit boring use I was expecting, so what app were you using if so?

Collaboration/whiteboarding and sharing /saving the results was another, the amount of times I’ve had to work back from camera piccy jpgs of designs…

Torminalis
    Free Member

Keynote is a powerpoint style app.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘iPad Business Applications?’ is closed to new replies.