Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • iPad app to edit .docx files?
  • leffeboy

Hi folks

Can anyone recommend an iPad app that is good at editing Word 2010 files. It has to be able to work offliiterate grate with Dropbox and not screw up the formatting. Not crashing an iPad 1 would be a bonus.

All suggestions gratefully received as it’s difficult to work out from reviews what’s good and what’s not

Tx

joeyj
    Free Member

Pages always works for me

officialtob
    Free Member

Thrers a free app called CloudOn which I sometimes use. Seems to work well – plus it syncs nicely with Dropbox 🙂

geoffj

It really depends on what features you use in the Word docs. My docx files are full of styles and cross references which just don’t feature in Pages or pretty much any of the Office apps for iPad.

So I use Evernote for collating notes and then Word on an iMac to create / edit document.

leffeboy

Thanks folks. It does sound as though there isn’t a good solution yet. CloudOn seems to be the closest but diesn’t work offline as far as I can see

Tx all

GrahamS

For basic Word docs the Picsel Smart Office 2 app works.

Can read files from dropbox and can even print them to non-AirPrint printers.

Doesn’t do so well with any advanced Word features though.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Google drive?

leffeboy

Google drive – formatting changes between google and docx unfortunately
    Smart Office 2 might be a goer. Not expensive so I’ll give it a try – tx

GrahamS

Be warned some aspects of the SmartOffice interface are “unique”. 😀

leffeboy

Yep, I read that. I may need to play with it before handing it to my other half.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘iPad app to edit .docx files?’ is closed to new replies.