Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • ipad app for scribbling notes on photos
  • maccruiskeen

Looking for a good note-taking: Go to a site, take photos, draw notes and measurements on (and ideally around) the photos and be able to file, export and send those notes and pictures.

I’ve tired Annotable which seems pretty cool – but the line thickness for drawing is pretty fat, even at its thinnest and the white highlight around the coloured line seems like a good idea until you try to write something. – I like that you can draw both on and around the photo (to some extent)

Skitch markup tools are good but you can only draw in photo itself and not around it

53 Paper is getting there maybe – its downside maybe is you can’t edit elements you’ve drawn after the fact, you can only undo or erase them – Skitch has a nice function that anything you draw can be selected, moved, rescaled and edited.

If images in Skitch could be on a larger pasteboard it would be ideal

Any other suggestions (this is for an iPad pro with apple poncy pencil.)

CountZero

Well, if you wait around for iOS 11, then Notes will accommodate all of those things, as I understand. You’ll also be able to make notes directly from the home screen just by tapping with a Pencil.
    Lots of interesting new features built in.

Drac

Notability is my fall back one for note taken.

maccruiskeen

Notability is my fall back

doesn’t seem to have a free version to test – from their page in the app store the have an example of marking up a PDF – but can you take photos within the app or access pics in the Photos app?

Drac

TheDTs
    Free Member

I have Upad on my iPad which is pretty good

PePPeR

You can write over photos on the normal picture, using mark up on the editor.

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Do you get Google Keep on ios? That’s exactly what that app does. I use it for everything. Site notes, sketches, photos, meeting notes, memos etc.

Export to anything you want. Including WhatsApp so your wife can ping you the shopping list…

Smudger666

Report monster – there’s a trial version available.

paradigmshift
    Free Member

Skitch does it.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

+ Notability. It’s the app the ipad pro was made for!

(And Scrivener, if you were more of a writey-person than a piccy-person.)

maccruiskeen

Skitch does it.

Having tried a few of the above I think Skitch has the nicest interface to actually mark up with – being able to go back to any mark you’ve made and select and edit it is particularly cool – the only aspect it lack is being able to zoom back from the photo and make notes around the edges.

Having a play with one note it does that later aspect very well, seems I can just keep zooming back and back and anding more doodles to the edgesl and the mark up is good enough… just not quite as good as Skitch.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ipad app for scribbling notes on photos’ is closed to new replies.