Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 211 total)
  • IPAD 2: buying one?
  • CHB

33% thinner, faster processor, two cameras, same screen resolution.
    Available later this month in UK.

Think I will be getting one, anyone else?

(and yes I know the Ipad3 will be better still and other tablets are available).

CHB

hell, wrong forum. sorry.

kimbers

still no usb??

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

got an ipad 1 , like the look of the 2, but my iphone 4 can do watever else the 1 cant do now….

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Sooooooo tempted.

Needs an SD card slot 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not a chance. No way a tablet needs to cost that much.

jam-bo

In the states next month, might try to pick one up then.

big_scot_nanny

Think it’ll be a long time before USB, but as I have an original, plus a wee ipod touch for FaceTime whilst travelling, not going to get one yet. Going to wait for V3 with double the storage. 64gb runs out real fast.

I was really excited about GarageBand, that is the one app I have really been waiting for. But, no **** input options?!?! Except the in built microphone? Come on boys sort it out 👿 will I just prop the ipad beside my guitar? Rubbish!

kev

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Nope.

loddrik
    Free Member

Got an iP4 and a Mac, can’t really see the point of an iPad, just more of the same.

Jamie
    Free Member

In the states next month, might try to pick one up then.

You taking orders? 8)

CaptJon
    Free Member

Depends on the price, but I’m very tempted.

allthepies
    Free Member

I’m waiting for a decent Android tablet around the £200 mark before I go down the tablet route.

oink
    Free Member

notion ink – adam, for me still the best one out there…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_tablet

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m going to mug a trendy hipster when they come out, to get mine.

I might even give them a kicking and hurt them. Haven’t decided yet.

Jamie
    Free Member

notion ink – adam, for me still the best one out there…

Sounds awesome.

The Notion Ink Adam has been beset by a number of controversies and delays since its preorder launch in December 2010. These include shipping problems, confusion over the specifications of the machine, reportedly poor customer support and questionable build quality.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I might even give them a kicking and hurt them. Haven’t decided yet.

If they’re on a fixie and wearing oh-so-on-message jeans, your decision is made.

I want a tablet, for work travel. May even buy one in Singapore when I’m over there. Not sure it’ll be a MEMEMEMEPad though. Might be.

highclimber
    Free Member

along with Flash, it would appear Apple think USB is useless. either that or their products are just for show and not functional for anything other than bragging to your mates about how ridculously pathetic you are for buying a tablet

allthepies
    Free Member

I’ve got a whole bundle of shares in the UK company which design the graphics processor in iPad/iPhone/touch/Apple TV + loads of other phone/gadgets. They’re doing rather well 🙂 So please, CONTINUE TO BUY MORE GADGETS.

Thanks.

Jamie
    Free Member

Not sure it’ll be a MEMEMEMEPad though. Might be.

Hopefully it will be. The you can realise that it’s just a nice nifty gadget, and there is actually no need to constantly be a dick about all Apple products/owners.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Having had an iPhone 3G for the last couple of years I have since upgraded to the iPhone 4 and think it’s great.
    Never used to like Apple products before but have been so impressed with the phones I’ve gone and got an iMac. A lovely bit of kit although it’s taking a bit of time to get used to all the little differences.
    As for the iPad, a family member has one and I like it a lot. I quite fancy having it as a netbook/sit on the sofa and surf/ home automation controller.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Wife and son both have iPads and I’m happy with my iPhone 4. The iPad 2 is evolution rather than revolution, fantastic product though.

NZCol

Thought about it – donated the $ to the earthquake appeal as they need it more than i need an iPad.

MrSmith
    Free Member

along with Flash, it would appear Apple think USB is useless. either that or their products are just for show and not functional for anything other than bragging to your mates about how ridculously pathetic you are for buying a tablet

i’m sure a lot of people will not be so ridiculously dismissive.
    i’m getting one so i can wirelessly send images from my laptop on a shoot to the ipad in the clients hands. i get to select images with one keystroke and they appear instantly. i can also use it as an extra screen for focus check when on location.
    it also works as a video folio to supplement a print folio so i can easily show moving image work without having to pass a laptop around (easier to carry around at 1.5lb) there are various other uses i’ll find for it too.

it will also complement my i-phone/macbook/ipod/fixie/black poloneck.

Junkyard
    Free Member

no three was an article on radio 4 about how Apple hold off developments – like adding a caemra is novel udea or they accidentally forgot for the first version- so they can drip feed the mugs customers newer versions to maximise revenue. You all know 3 is coming but you will still buy it… Heroin for technophiles Just say NO kids

MrSmith
    Free Member

Heroin for technophiles

just like 10 speed and 150mm xc forks then.

matthewjb
    Free Member

it will also complement my i-phone/macbook/ipod/fixie/black poloneck.

Something missing. Do you not have some rimless glasses?

MrSmith
    Free Member

no i don’t need glasses.
    i have a home espresso/grinder combo and lots of Rapha clothing though, will that do?

fisha
    Free Member

I have to say, it is looking very tempting.

I think though at the moment, I want a tablet which comfortably will run a decent word processor setup … i.e. have files on an SD card which I can open, edit and save. To me, thats the current stumbling block.

I have a laptop and a smartphone, so don’t need an iPad.

Not saying they aren’t useful to some people, or that they are worthless gadgets, just no need for me to have one.

GrahamS

Mmm… thinner, lighter, faster, gyro, cameras, nice cover, HDMI out… all good.

No Retina display, no SD, no Thunderbolt…

I’ll wait for v3.

matthewjb
    Free Member

no i don’t need glasses.
    i have a home espresso/grinder combo and lots of Rapha clothing though, will that do?

I think the Rapha clinched it for you.

spacemonkey

All these “what tablet?” arguments are IMO the same as all the “what new phone?” debates. Apple’s technology (again IMO) is made all the better because of the App Store, hence why the iP4 is “better” and “more useful” than possibly any other phone out there.

The same for tablets … loads of cheap imitations and nothing really from the Android stable that rivals Apple.

So as someone that has an iP4, MBP, laptop and PC, do I really need another device? Well, I’m a sucker for “stuff that looks pretty” and can see us forking out for an iPad2 before the year is it. We don’t need one, but it sure as hell is one foxy piece of kit.

EDIT: no retina is a thumbs down though. iP4 literally opens your eyes to what’s possible (compared to the competition).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If they’re on a fixie and wearing oh-so-on-message jeans, your decision is made.

You mean on-trend. Apple product pisstake FAIL again. “on-message” is where you find yourself after checking your Tory blogboys to find out what you need to be posting in Internet forums on any particular day.

lodious
    Free Member

How ironic, wanted to see the BBC review of the iPad2…but my iPad won’t play flash:-)

godzilla
    Free Member

Anyone know how much ipad 2 will cost ? i was under the impression that it was going to cost a chunk more and that it was being sold along side the first Ipad..

CHB

Same price as “old” ipad.

Would have liked flash, SD card support and retina display but this is good enough for me to jump in as a customer.

GrahamS

How ironic, wanted to see the BBC review of the iPad2…but my iPad won’t play flash:-)

What this review?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12607090

Plays fine in SkyFire browser on my iPhone, but I usually use the BBC News app anyway, which also plays fine.

footflaps

The iPhone 3GS got me started down the whole Apple route – iMac, Power Book, iPad, iPhone 4. Would be a shame to stop now – so I’ll get a new Powerbook and an iPad 2 and donate the old ones to the GF.

Jamie
    Free Member

That is why there is a BBC app fella.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 211 total)

The topic ‘IPAD 2: buying one?’ is closed to new replies.