Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • IPA Beer
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Tried this tonight in the Cat at Enville

Very well crafted beer (I am a super fussy bastard real ale ‘person’)

Midlands based brewey, and from their web site looks like they are keen rider’s too

prawny

Ooh I’m in the midlands, I like bikes, I like beer. I’ll need to check some of this out

sharkattack

Hmmm. I like IPA, but I hate fixies.

peterfile
    Free Member

What makes you think it’s an IPA? 🙂

mattstreet

At 4.2% that’s no IPA 😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

It doesn’t say it is. It just says Pale Ale. OP is mistaken

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m currently drinking a Thornbridge Jaipur.
    IPA with no fixies involved.

andytherocketeer

mmmm (grrr @ no waitrose here)

john_drummer
    Free Member

No Booths either?

bonesetter
    Free Member

It’s not an IPA

It was very good though

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Thursday night’s

nedrapier

I’m on the

splorer

St Mel’s Pale ale followed by a Clough More Heather IPA

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Saving this to try at the weekend

Drac

Hmmm! Not sure I have any beer in.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Ah the Cat at Enville *nostalgia mode on*

peterfile
    Free Member

I’m currently drinking a Thornbridge Jaipur.
    IPA with no fixies involved.

I too am drinking Jaipur! (gifted by the brewery for winning a comp, free Jaipur tastes even better…)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

IPA…
    SchmIPA.

Fantastic that it’s so popular again. Plenty of shit ones around. (Lovely labels though. 🙂 ) Had to have a giggle at this effort from Butcombe recently:

Perfectly Respectable locally brewed IPA:

“Erm, lads, the Brunel’s not selling so well at the moment. I hear anything “American” is flying off the shelves. Can we do something about it? Oh, and do something with the label, yeah?”

“Ok boss. We got something…”

“Does it say Atlantic

“Yes”

“That’ll do lads. The punters will fall for that.”

allthepies
    Free Member

Off to a beer festival tomorrow where Jaipur’s on cask 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Jaipur X was a special thing, shame it’s not become a regular from them.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jaipur…bit over-rated. Was novel a few years ago, but has been left behind by newer taste sensations recently. Some of their other stuff is vile. But hey, £2.50 a bottle in Waitrose – must be special.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’ve got 20 litres of a session strength Jaipur-alike almost ready to bottle… Smells amazing.

Not keen on their Kipling though. Tastes like grass, and I mean the stuff that cows eat

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They also do a fairly disgusting white ale don’t they? Is that the Kipling or Chiron?

john_drummer
    Free Member

I quite like Chiron but I think that’s quite a dark one so maybe not that. I’m not keen on Weiss/wheat bears so wouldn’t normally go near one. Wild Swan? Kipling is a pale ale with Nelson Sauvin hops, which I really don’t like. Tastes like hay

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Raven is the dark IPA they do, I think.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah, Wild Swan…that’s the one. It’s not a Weissbier…just some shite concoction they came up with. Not pleasant at all.

CountZero

After a rather long, trying day in a very hot room nursing a recalcitrant folding machine until 10.30 tonight, I picked up a bottle of this

on my way home. Going down very nicely, too.

deadkenny
    Free Member

mamadirt
    Free Member

OMG Squatters FTW! 😛

wallop

DD – have you tried Butcombe’s Great Grey Owl? It’s lovely!

scaredypants

Founders All Day IPA for me this weekend – big box arrived the other day

It’s a nice lightweight IPA for delicate little flowers like me

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Opening post contained the keyword ‘crafted’.

Binners usually blows up at such hipster labels, canny believe he’s missed that one. Must be a long queue in Greggs this morning.

Jaipur is lovely stuff, but that Yorkshire ipa up there is pretty poor, had a bottle in Harrogate last week.

Aldo tonight for a wee Williams brothers selection.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

DD – have you tried Butcombe’s Great Grey Owl? It’s lovely!

Nope, but it’s on the list now. 😀

(I loike their Haka too!)

zigzag69
    Free Member

Pah. Johnny come latelies…

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Can’t really compare White Swan to Jaipur. I mean look at the ABV

MoreCashThanDash

Can’t really compare White Swan to Jaipur. I mean look at the ABV one is like nectar and the other is a vile abomination

FTFY

nedrapier

some friends and I did a beer brewing day/course at london beer labs in Brixton in the summer. They take you through the process, helping you brew the sort of thing you want to drink, selecting the right blend of malts and hops. plenty of beers drunk along the way, sessions outside in the sunshine while the mash does its thing, more beers drunk (great selection there to buy), more chat about malting, styles of beer, how and why.

Into tubs at the end of the day, back 3 weeks later to bottle and take em away.

We said we fancied a pale ale, west coast US style – Sierra Nevada/Lagunitas.

I forget quite what went in it, but it’s god damn delicious! We were hoping for something acceptable, but it’s actually very good indeed. Still got half a dozen bottles at home, somehow. Mmmm. Maybe not for too much longer.

peterfile
    Free Member

Can’t really compare White Swan to Jaipur. I mean look at the ABV as they are entirely different styles

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

as they are entirely different styles

It’s only page 2! 😀

zilog6128

I forget quite what went in it, but it’s god damn delicious! We were hoping for something acceptable, but it’s actually very good indeed.

It’s incredibly easy to make a beer which is better than the vast majority of what you can buy in a supermarket (there’s a monster homebrew thread on here if you want some inspiration!) A lot of supermarket beers are the equivalent of ready meals – mass produced, cheap ingredients, corners cut, etc. When you make it yourself you’re free of all the commercial constraints plus you can make exactly the type of beer you like. Just like cooking really.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘IPA Beer’ is closed to new replies.