Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • iOS – email HELP!!!
  • rkk01
    Free Member

Email on my phone has been going mad this week… 🙁

Started to download hundreds of “new” unread emails every time I open the mail app (it’s just gone from 466 unread to 840..)

These are all old emails, but as soon as I delete or view, the app downloads 200-300 more.
    I’m sure there used to be an iOS mail setting where you could limit the number displayed. IIRC this was set at 50 or 100

A trawl through my settings hasn’t come up with anything though

nickdavies

Updated to iOS9? Check you’ve got 9.0.1 update iOS9 pretty much shat itself on my phone it’s been useless until the update, i had a similar thing to your description a while ago I had to delete the account and recreate it.

AFAIK you can’t limit messages by number any more they dumped that back in iOS7 i think – you can only limit it by number of days/weeks, in settings > mail > account > mail days to sync.

rkk01
    Free Member

I’m on 8.2 at the mo. Would need to create a lot of space to upgrade…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Hard to diagnose from here, I assume it’s the iOS mail app but what mail service provider ? I’m not aware of any email issues with the prior iOS but you could try a search of support communities.

FYI you can upgrade the iOS via iTunes and that doesn’t require so much free space on the phone

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘iOS – email HELP!!!’ is closed to new replies.