• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • iOS 9 with iPhone 4s
  • chip
    Free Member

Anyone updated the 4s to ios9, and did you wish you had not?

GrahamS

Yes. No.

Work fine on mine. It’s not blisteringly fast, but I can’t say I notice it being any slower than iOS8 or even 7. (I get occasional stalls, but the previous versions did that too).

I do have things cranked back on mine, which Reduce Motion turned on, no background apps, and notifications and background updates turned off on every app that I don’t need them for. So that may help.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Yes. Yes.

Mine feels slower, but more importantly things no longer work as they should. All the browsers I use crash. Text entry is squashed into a few pixels. Apps interfere with the homescreen in odd ways. All in all it feels very unfinished and very un-apple.

I’ve been an iPhone fan since first buying a 3 of STW years ago. Had a string of other smart phones before, but just never found one I was happy with. Then got the 3 and everything just felt right. Upgraded through a 4 and now a 4s. Was perfectly happy till iOS 8, and now 9. I feel like apple has taken their eye off the ball. Not sure if the os would be better on more up to date hardware, but I think not. First time in years I’m thinking of jumping ship!

Oh, I’d just add that the OH has the same phone and stayed on iOS 7. when I use it, everything is all right with the world.

GrahamS

All the browsers I use crash.

One of the things I noticed about iOS9 was that it finally FIXED the bug that caused Safari in iOS8 to crash anytime we used the URL/IMG/Video buttons on this forum.

Text entry is squashed into a few pixels. Apps interfere with the homescreen in odd ways.

Not seen either of those. Text entry is pretty much the same as iOS8 isn’t it?

epicyclo

Yes. No problem.

woody21
    Free Member

Yes. Yes

jam-bo

I feel like apple has taken their eye off the ball. Not sure if the os would be better on more up to date hardware

it really is.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Jam bo, in that case they shouldn’t have offered it on the 4s. Or at least made it clear it wouldn’t be the usual polished experience.

jam-bo

meh.

Drac

Of course it’s better on more up to date hardware just like iOS 8 was.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘iOS 9 with iPhone 4s’ is closed to new replies.