Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • introducing someone new…
  • Pook

How do,

my colleague at work hsa just started getting into biking. I have to say, while he’s not the fittest, he’s got a natural talent and enthusiasm for it.
    We went up on Houndkirk moor a few weeks ago and he liked that, and then earlier this week, he said he fancies going up Mam Tor!
    So last night, we drove out and went up the bridleway to Hollins Cross, then up towards the summit, round the back, and down the path to Edale. Short admittedly, but technical.
    Now, on the way up there was a lot of pushing, a couple of falls, some riding on the technical stuff, and some big smiles. On the ridge we practiced riding some steps and gullies, and fed some sheep. On the decent on the singletrack, there was one big fall (front wheel grabbed into a channel) and a cartwheel down a hill – followed by laughter.
    Then on the rocky decent, there was one spectacular fall, handlebar twister, everything. Still smiles and laughter.

It might have been a bit technical for him, and I’ll plan an easier route next time, but overall, he’s loving his first forays into the world of biking.

Quote of the evening?
    “you ok? Gets a bit steeper up this next bit”
    “Yeah I’m fine, knackered and finding it tough, but i won’t let it beat me!!!

ace eh?

mrsflash
    Free Member

I’m going out with some newbies tonight, looking forward to it 🙂

mt
    Free Member

He’s hooked. The give away for me is when the new person is still grinning through the pain at the top of tough climb, you know then that they will pestering to go out on rides.

domino

And I may be joining mrsflash too – will drop you a mail.

HackneyRider
    Free Member

Jsut don’t introduce him to the delights of this forum and RudeBoy…

mrsflash
    Free Member

Oooh do please domino! It’ll be fun, and there is cake 🙂

Pook

ooh where are you girlies meeting?

mrsflash
    Free Member

at my house.

Pook

have fun!

mrsflash
    Free Member

6 girls out on bikes, of course we’ll have fun!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘introducing someone new…’ is closed to new replies.