• This topic has 17 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by juan.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Interview Tedium
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Been interviewing, first one was over 3 weeks ago, 2nd 2 weeks ago. By that time the role had become permanent rather than fixed term, so I have to see more people on my 3rd interview today.

They’ve also decided they need a fixed term person too so have re advertised both and want to see those applicants before deciding on me (I am the only person still under consideration from the 1st tranche) so it will be another 2 weeks before I know.

Are they ****wits or have I just been unlucky?

Just wanted a moan.

scaled
    Free Member

They’re ****.

or they really like you so they’ve created the permie role for you but still need the extra capacity of a contractor.

donsimon
    Free Member

Just wanted a moan.

Moan away.
    I think the problem here is that you’re trying to sprint when the process is closer to a marathon. I often see type 2 muscle fibre athletes getting a bit wound up when they realise they don’t really have what it takes for the lengthier processes. I could offer no end of solutions to help in your hour of need, but I suggest you simply Google, try and reject.
    Feel happy that you’ll be able to vent your anger and frustration on here. We might not understand you, but we’re here.
    Good luck.

TheSanityAssassin

Fluffer?

brakes
    Free Member

By Royal Appointment, Her Majesty The Queen’s Assistant to the Assistant Boot Polisher’s Assistant?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think someone resigned, creating the 2nd role.

It’s just frustrating, I’ve been looking for 4 years, this seems like a brilliant opportunity and I am not enjoying what I am doing just now.

In house lawyer for pensions consultancy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Al, my last interview process took about four or five months. Was well worth it though.

If this opportunity is the brilliant opportunity you say, stick at it!

Good luck! If you get it, you’ll be able to buy a proper bike rather than building one from cutlery!

brakes
    Free Member

I work for a pensions consultancy.
    My interview process took about 6 months.
    We don’t like the inhouse lawyers.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks flash, nothing more I can do now. What is it you do?

And I’ll have you know at the height of my creative powers I was earning my highest!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sell post-it notes! 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Brakes, you need to employ me, people love me.

brakes
    Free Member

if we didn’t dislike the inhouse lawyers, where would we pour our suitcases of scorn? procurement?

chewkw
    Free Member

They are either an indecisive bunch or simply poor with people management.

bullheart
    Free Member

I put in a good word for you al,

It’s a shoo-in, trust me…

dannyh
    Free Member

Don’t ever underestimate the ability of organisations to do things badly.

My boss is currently recruiting, we agreed the new structure with our departmental equivalents in the parent company (in effect our bosses), applied internally, then looked to fill the gaps that were left.

So, my boss starts interviewing and finds a couple of really good candidates – but guess what – because they were really good they were in demand, so we needed to act quickly. Fine. But then the HR department from the parent company deigned to take an interest at the eleventh hour and effectively put the whole thing on hold.

The more people are involved in anything, the more likely there is to be a balls up – particularly if they are playing the “I must say something about this as I am important enough to do so” game.

As with most things, the people who actually want to recruit you are not likely to be the problem – just like the people who answer the phone in the call centre at the bank aren’t – they’re just the people who get to deal with all the crap.

chewkw
    Free Member

dannyh – Member

The more people are involved in anything, the more likely there is to be a balls up – particularly if they are playing the “I must say something about this as I am important enough to do so” game.

Wait till they quote you elf ‘n’ safety for “your” benefits. That will learn you for trying to question the bureaucrats’ power of pen pushing.

Oh ya … someone just quoted elf ‘n’ safety to me today … 😡

scaredypants

So Al,

If you were an animal, what would you be* ?

(bighittasaurus not allowed)

*I honestly think I’d walk out of an interview (unless utterly desparate for the work) if they asked me that

juan
    Free Member

Standard procedure if you ask me. I have been interviewed twice on may for a urgent need. I only had an interview with a third person last week, and I am supposed to get an answer at the end of this week. I the mean time a service agency who interviewed me last week got me a interview with a client for this friday. So I now have to find and buy a suit that fits tomorrow!!!
    I feel for you, but it’s a very long process.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Interview Tedium’ is closed to new replies.