Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Interval training for beginners, advice please.
  • swisstony
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m looking to get a bit fitter and also getting the most out of my commute home so thought i’d give intervals a go.

My ride home is 7 miles and takes just under 30mins at a steady pace on my slicked mtb. So what do i for intervals, ride really hard for a couple of mins then rest for the same period then repeat?

The ride is largely flat if that matters and what do people do about traffic lights potentially messing things up? Also how hard to i push myself, do i need to be puking for it to be effective?

thanks

Simon

Ed2001
    Free Member

Personally I would suggest you get a hrm then you can train in specific heart rate zones. Interval training is a good way to improve fitness but try and have a variety of riding eg long easy paced rides. A good place to start for your intervals would be at lactate threshold around 80% mhr. Try to have a routine and stick to it make sure you build in rest days.

swisstony
    Free Member

thanks ed, it’s all getting a bit technical though, i didn’t think i’d have to lactate!

dobo
    Free Member

lol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Interval training for beginners, advice please.’ is closed to new replies.