Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Internet Security sharp practice.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’veSecurity employs a “spanish practice” approach. Instead of a simple “yes/no” button at the appropriate point, it will only allow a NON automatic takeup of the yearly licence by the most convoluted means possible, doubtless hoping for any less than tenacious customer to simply accept it. Also, the activation of the new licence will, for those unwary enough, rob you of any remaining licenced days if you activate it early, instead of beginning when the current period runs out. This will of course, make more money for Kaspersky in the long term. I daresay these cheats are present in packages from other security firms.

Not happy. 👿

Cougar

MSE.

HTH.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

?

Cougar

MSE.

HTH.

sofatester
    Free Member

Remove all security software at source and install MSE as linked to above.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d considered MSE, but it won’t protect against the latest viruses and spyware, according to BBC Click. Kaspersky (amongst others) will and is updated as close to new generation of nasty invaders as is possible. I was just irritated by a good product stooping to sharp practices, there’s no need for it.

sofatester
    Free Member

it won’t protect against the latest viruses and spyware, according to BBC Click. Kaspersky (amongst others) will and is updated as close to new generation of nasty invaders

Did they recommend any free ones in that list?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

No.

Drac

I use Avast and it updates daily and sometimes more so.

sofatester
    Free Member

No.

Funny that.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Avast: +1

Rio

I’d considered MSE, but it won’t protect against the latest viruses and spyware, according to BBC Click

I couldn’t understand what they were doing in that BBC test – it looked as though they were seeing if AV software would detect a piece of custom malware, but then they said that one of the vendors that detected it had admitted thet they wouldn’t have detected it if they hadn’t already seen it before. Very odd.

I’m sticking to MSE, which like the rest updates regularly and unlike most of the rest isn’t a self-inflicted DoS attack.

Del

MSE here too. i also use online mail ( yahoo in my case ), that has built in scanning ( provided by norton in yahoo’s case ), meaning that any mail attachment i attempt to download will be scanned before it even gets anywhere near my computer.

druidh
    Free Member

MSE. Ignore the BBC

samuri
    Free Member

Try looking somewhere other than the BBC for computer advice.
    Maybe some computer experts.

MSE is regularly graded as commercial level protection, often bettering commercial products for detection rates when tested by people who know what they’re talking about.

There’s a reason the computing professionals here recommend it.

metal_leg
    Free Member

MSE is available in a corporate paid for form. The reason home users get it for free is so Microsoft can claim to the corporate market to have the largest user group, and thus most recent data, on anything malicious.

Of all the security products I have tried, its the one that creates the least phone calls from my parents 🙂 I dont understand why anyone would pay for something when MSE is available.

Cougar

it won’t protect against the latest viruses and spyware, according to BBC Click

‘s not like I do this for a living or anyth… oh.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Internet Security sharp practice.’ is closed to new replies.