Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Internet problem,
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

All day I’ve had a very annoying problem with my interpipe.

Sites that I want to use won’t load, just get an annoying swirlything, or a ‘could not open page’ message or similar.

http://www.discogs.com is one example. As well as my own WordPress site that I had intended to work on today 🙁

This site works fine obviously, as do most. What’s going on?

Using Chrome, but just tried Firefox and no change…

eyestwice
    Free Member

You’ve been hacked by the NSA. Or CIA. Or GCHQ. Or Kim himself.

More likely though, your ISP is suffering DNS or routing issues. Who are you with?

jambourgie
    Free Member

Virgin.

Mr_C
    Free Member

Virgin

There’s no need for that. He was only trying to help. 😉

Edit: At the risk of further abuse this might help.

Cougar

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Mine’s been twitchy all day (Sky). I keep getting slow refreshes and pages rendered without the CSS (formatting) loading. I appreciate that anecdotes don’t equal evidence (and that I should follow my own advice), but I wonder if maybe that’s indicative of a problem somewhere upstream? I’ve been out of work, and the loop generally, for a couple of days due to manflu so haven’t been paying attention to any MSOs.

jambourgie
    Free Member

pages rendered without the CSS

Yeah, had a bit of that too.

I’ve tried loads of things, as with some websites being ok I initially assumed it must be something on my side. But tbh, I’m just gonna wait until tomorrow and see what happens. Called Virgin who said “no issues that they know about, although a lot of people have complained today”…

I’m liable to a bit of over-reacting so won’t start reinstalling Windows until the morning 🙂

eyestwice
    Free Member

Good tip for anyone sort-of technically minded.

Switch your router DNS server from that supplied by your ISP to that of the big Google.

and

Much more reliable than BT/Virgin/SuperLocalISP will ever be.

This may of course not be the issue for the OP but it’s good advice in general.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Internet problem,’ is closed to new replies.