• This topic has 24 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Internet medics/GPs/TJs – diagnosis please
  • IHN

So, ‘er indoors had a shocking night last night. She was feeling fine at about nine o’clock, by ten she was feeling unwell (headache, aching lower back), from eleven until five this morning she had a MASSIVE fever, pouring with sweat, splitting headache and excruciating pains in her back. Drank about four pints of water through the night, put no pain when piddling. Took a couple of paracetemol about 02:30 (after a trip to the 24hr garage by yours truly) but they basically did nothing. Needless to say little sleep was had by anyone.

She’s much better this morning, fever gone, but headache and back ache persists. Knackered, obviously, from lack of sleep. She’s calling in sick today and calling the doctor, but, just for internet s***s and giggles, what do the Intermedics reckon?

I’ve got to say, it was horrible seeing her is so much discomort. It was scary how quickly it went from nothing to shocking 🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Right – usual disclaimers such as internet medical diagnosis is worth what you pay for it

1) minor viral infection – body has now fought it off

2) Urine infection – all the water flushed it thru

3) kidney stone – water flushed it out

If she is better now then whatever it was has passed and you may never get an answer

Drac

Renal Colic, Renal Infection, Kidney Stones are my guess.

IHN

internet medical diagnosis is worth what you pay for it

Just like the NHS, eh Teej? 😉

Yeah, I assumed it was something plumbing related, but as I said there was not pain when she went to the loo (which she did a lot, given all the water she was drinking), which is usually a sure sign.

minor viral infection

It didn’t look minor 🙁

Drac

There’s not always pain when passing urine with any of the above. Hope she’s feeling better and keep an eye on her as they all can reoccur.

highclimber
    Free Member

in ascending order of unliklyness: Migraine, Meningitis, Brain tumour

dr_death
    Free Member

I’m going for spinal TB….. Very unlikely but I’ll look ferkin clever if I’m right!

johnners
    Free Member

internet medical diagnosis is worth what you pay for it

Just like the NHS, eh Teej?

I pay for the NHS, even if you don’t.

And you’re welcome 🙂

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

On ‘House’ they always consider Lupus.

piha
    Free Member

Could be any of the below…..

1) Acute viral rickets!

2) Scurvy!

3)Threadworm infestation!

Or possibly none of them, either way I hope she is feeling better.

IHN

Well at least it’s not Cat AIDS. It’s not Cat AIDS is it?

footflaps

Squirrel Aids. Definitely.

DrP

Right – usual disclaimers such as internet medical diagnosis is worth what you pay for it

Ditto…

But my 2ps worth:
    1-pyelonephritis (kidney infection)
    2-UTI/cystitis
    3-Discitis
    4-My ‘House’ diagnosis – Perihepatitis and inflamation of the paracolic gutter…

Good luck.

DrP

IHN

Okay, an update. She’s just got up and the pain in the lower back has spread up the spine and to between the shoulder blades. Still reckon it’s dodgy plumbing?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Hmm, could be plumbing – have you pressure tested it for leaks?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

could be any one of a large number of issues – that could be muscle spasm from holding herself rigid because of kidney pain for example.

GP time – they will have urgent appointments although they won’t want to give her one

IHN

GP time – they will have urgent appointments although they won’t want to give her one

You know that’s what she should do, and I know that’s what she should do, perhaps you could have more luck persuadng her that that’s what she should do…

Hmm, could be plumbing – have you pressure tested it for leaks?

Twice every night and every other morning 😉

hora
    Free Member

Immediately I thought Kidneys. How is she pee’ing?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

IHN – give me her phone number – you know how persistent I can be 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

This:

IHN

rogerthecat: there were times last night when I wouldn’t have been surprised…

philconsequence
    Free Member

holding a 50meter swimming badge as i do, i feel i’m fully qualified to diagnose this for you.

syphilis, travels up the spine to the brain then turns you into an old sailor. watch out for the elongation of ‘rrrr’ sounds in words. can be cured with oranges.

(fingers crossed it nothing serious dude, my best wishes for mrsIHN)

bwaarp
    Free Member

I’m going for spinal TB….. Very unlikely but I’ll look ferkin clever if I’m right!

Dr Death wins the obscure disease contest!

dr_death
    Free Member

Any news?? Was I right?

(Hope she’s ok)

IHN

News is she’s better than she was, but still not right. Fever’s gone, but she’s still not well: tired, slightly head-spinny, has a bit of a dodgy stomach and her back really aches (to the point that it was keeping her awake last night).

Third day off work today. She has, of course, not contacted the GPs as she’s convinced she’ll be told it’s some sort of virus and just to rest, take paracetamol and drink lots of fluids.

We’re off to Istanbul for a long weekend in the morning…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Internet medics/GPs/TJs – diagnosis please’ is closed to new replies.