Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Internet connection problems
  • Oxboy
    Free Member

Its a long shot but somebody here may be able to help me.
    I’m having a nightmare of a time connecting to the internet and am also being cut off after I have managed to connect. The other problem is the phone line is really crackly and has that fax machine sound blaring away to the point I can hardly hear the person I’m talking to.
    AOL blame my filter and BT. BT say nothing is wrong with the line into my house????? I’m just getting nowhere!
    I really feel like cancelling aol and the BT line and getting a 3 dongle and using mobile roaming!
    Can anybody help please?
    Thanks

samuri
    Free Member

with the filter disconnected is the phone still noisy? if so, get a new filter. You can buy them for buttons from ASDA.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

run away from AOL – do they still send out the cd’s

3 choices really
    Go cable apparently it generally better
    Go with BT I had huge problems with orange BB everyone blamed each other went to BT who had the fault rectified within a week – the seem to look after their own better than some of the other companies
    Go Mobile

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oink1
    Free Member

Good luck canceling AOHELL – Friend of mine had to ring the bank and cancel their credit card to stop them charging it! 😯

Oxboy
    Free Member

When I take the filter completely off the phones still noisy, what does that mean? I’m no expert but I would guess thats a BT fault????

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I was with AOL for years, no problem for most of the time, but once the problems started, dear oh dear.

” I can’t get connected” Have a new CD

” I put the cd in, I still can’t connect” It’s your pc

” as well as the laptop?” Yes that’s knackered as well

6 months of internet connected for 15mins, then off for 5, saturdays and sundays it just stopped. Now with Virgin, and except for early teething problems, very happy*

*although I would have said that about AOL 18mths ago.

roddersrambler
    Free Member

I have the same problem as you.You have been sold a certain broadband speed that is barely compatible with your line strength.So as soon as the strength drops (due to many things such as wind,trees rubbing against the line etc) you can longer connect.It never drops enough for the phone to be useless,and so BT say it is ok.The BB provider blames the line (which it is) and you end up in a blaming match.
    They are both to blame to be honest.You should not have been sold your particular strength with such a weak line.

Oxboy
    Free Member

Further development AOL has indeed blamed BT with a line fault, no reply as yet from BT well there wouldnt be would there!
    I fear this is the beginning of the end for both of them!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Internet connection problems’ is closed to new replies.