Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Interesting thoughts on Donald Trump
  • SaxonRider

There is a Canadian journalist named Rex Murphy, whom I regard with great affection, and whose Newfoundland accent I miss hearing on the news. Most importantly, though, his editorial commentary was almost always inherently sensible.

Of interest to some of us on here, however, may be his thoughts on Donald Trump, which may provide some food for discussion.

Enjoy.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljEYoa9xzS4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

jimjam
    Free Member

Don’t worry, Trump will only be there for one term

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROJbduwacFY[/video]

MoreCashThanDash

Wow, he’s good!

He’s also very spot on identifying how Trump has got where he is and why he has been allowed to flourish.

I would love someone like that commenting on news items over here.

jimdubleyou

Sometimes I wonder if the writers of the movie Idiocracy had a time machine to look into the future…

jimjam
    Free Member

Indeed.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGUNPMPrxvA[/video]

SaxonRider

Wow, he’s good!

He’s also very spot on identifying how Trump has got where he is and why he has been allowed to flourish.

I would love someone like that commenting on news items over here.

He is, isn’t he. His comments on many things are never inflammatory, but he often does not tow the political line of the day. Always thoughtful regardless, he sometimes even borders on the poetic.

If I get a moment, I will find some of his best comments that might hold some resonance here, and post them.

In the meantime, Trump…

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m quite enjoying Dilbert cartoonist Scott Adams’ “Master Wizard” take on the Trump scenario.
    It’s either utter genius or unbridled lunacy.
    History will be the judge.

Dilbert Blog

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I thought it was all pretty self-evident. Trump has got into the limelight because he’s very rich and other mainstream politicians have been a disappointment.

fasthaggis

It’s either utter genius or unbridled lunacy.

TBF the dumb voters everywhere admire a bit of speaking your mind,and none of this PC nonsense unbridled lunacy.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks for the link, Rex Murphy has that spot on. Trump has been on TV for years on The Apprentice, the American public see him as a success story in business and his own man. The comment about politicians having failed to grasp certain issues historically such as immigration and “illegal aliens” means they have left the door wide open for Trump to wade in with his more extreme but very polular views. They also like his lack of “political correctness” which fits with his tough talking “I get things done” persona.

flange
    Free Member

A success story is an interesting view on the Trump Empire. I read recently that had Trump taken his inheritance when he received it and stuck it in a savings account at a nominal interest rate, he’d have doubled his supposed 4 billion fortune. So in essence building hideous hotels and such has netted him -$4 billion. Which is still impressive but not necessarily what I’d class as successful.

shermer75
    Free Member

“There should never be a democracy where it costs a billion dollars to run for the highest office”

Sounds about right to me!

epicyclo

flange – Member
    A success story is an interesting view on the Trump Empire. I read recently that had Trump taken his…

I think the problem is he’s a property developer.

Property developers generally tend to be one mistake away from going broke. I’ve noticed that often when brokeness is encroaching that they tend to take on a big project that is going to fix everything.

Running for president looks like that to me.

Prediction: If Trump doesn’t get in, he’ll be broke within the year.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I read recently that had Trump taken his inheritance when he received it and stuck it in a savings account at a nominal interest rate, he’d have doubled his supposed 4 billion fortune.

Which is something that even he seems to agree with :

jamj1974

Seems like a sensible guy. I like his style – could do with more like him on our television.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

If only TJ was around to make some Swivel Eyed Loon (TM) comments.

chewkw
    Free Member

I vote for Trump if he is here … 😆

Win or not or bankrupt or not at least he has the guts to say things.

Even if he is broke after this I bet he still have much more than you lot combine.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As was said about good Ol Sepp from Fifa, he has 99 ideas a day and 100 are bad.
    Allowing every thought that enters your head to leave your mouth is not something to be celebrated. He is pedalling fear and hatred, if he wasn’t white he would be getting locked up.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

wanmankylung – Member

If only TJ was around to make some Swivel Eyed Loon (TM) comments.

And with perfect timing :

chewkw – Member

I vote for Trump if he is here .. 😆

mefty
    Free Member

His delivery reminds me of Alistair Cooke’s Letter from America.

Russell96

Strikes me as someone as if you cross him there will be hell toupe

thegreatape
    Free Member

Two thirds of Trump’s wives are immigrants. Proving once again that the US needs immigrants to do the jobs most Americans won’t do.

(Source – Facebook somewhere)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Strikes me as someone as if you cross him there will be hell toupe

He’s certainly a very determined person. Apparently his motto is “We Shall Overcomb”

chewkw
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

As was said about good Ol Sepp from Fifa, he has 99 ideas a day and 100 are bad.
    Allowing every thought that enters your head to leave your mouth is not something to be celebrated. He is pedalling fear and hatred, if he wasn’t white he would be getting locked up. [/quote]

Ya, but Sepp is a bureaucrat that none of you see coming. He is merely exercising the dark art of bureaucrat at the highest possible way. I can see a ZM bureaucrat miles away …

ernie_lynch – Member

wanmankylung – Member
    If only TJ was around to make some Swivel Eyed Loon (TM) comments

And with perfect timing :[/quote]

I like TJ me coz he is such fun to debate with unlike you lot pretending to be interesting. I do miss the good old days where TJ could entertain me … 😛

thegreatape – Member
    Two thirds of Trump’s wives are immigrants.

What? Are you saying he should not have foreign wives just because he is right wing? What? Are you living in dark ages? 🙄

thegreatape
    Free Member

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ya, but Sepp is a bureaucrat that none of you see coming. He is merely exercising the dark art of bureaucrat at the highest possible way. I can see a ZM bureaucrat miles away …

but you can’t really answer the question just seems that you like to shout about liking arseholes because they are arseholes

scotroutes

If he was pedalling fear and hatred he’d have to be on a fatbike

thegreatape
    Free Member

chewkw
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

but you can’t really answer the question just seems that you like to shout about liking arseholes because they are arseholes [/quote]

I am afraid I have to disagree with your interpretation.

Ideas are to be tested some get it right instantly others don’t and in Sepp’s case he is being greedy to the point of insisting his position of power.

As for Trump his idea(s) might not be your liking but others may not see him that way so why not let him test it out?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I will never be in a bicycle race

I think we all know that’s because of the havoc that ‘helmet hair’ would create.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As for Trump his idea(s) might not be your liking but others may not see him that way so why not let him test it out?

He can, I’d prefer it if he shouted from a street corner.

Hopefully in this case the polls have it right
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2016

I’d rather not give a platform to a racist, sexist bigot who has some terrible ideas.

chewkw
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

He can, I’d prefer it if he shouted from a street corner.

Hopefully in this case the polls have it right
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2016

I’d rather not give a platform to a racist, sexist bigot who has some terrible ideas. [/quote]

Ya, Clinton the dynasty … hmmm … something I don’t quite like about her but can’t put my finger on.

I think she will become the first woman President of Merica but sure hope not coz someone got to manage the system and not the other way round. I am thinking the bureaucrats’ way by the way.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

I vote for Trump if he is here ..

Trump, like Farage, bases the noise he makes on “simple solutions for simple people” so I can see the attraction for you.

matt_outandabout

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

^ 😆

AlexSimon

I just thought I’d look through some previous posts of chewkw’s to comfort myself that at least he had been helpful at some point to counteract what I read from him in the chat forum.

oh

I went back through 18 pages of posts and didn’t see a single ‘bike forum’ post! 😯

Ah well

chewkw
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member

^ I like that. Very funny.

BigButSlimmerBloke – Member

chewkw – Member
    I vote for Trump if he is here ..

Trump, like Farage, bases the noise he makes on “simple solutions for simple people” so I can see the attraction for you. [/quote]

Why make world so complicated when you can be a simpleton?

I rather be a simpleton then a complicated thinker. Simpleton tells it as it is but those complicated thinkers think like a cunning fox using dirty backhand tactics to back stab.

Nope, I choose simpleton over those complicated thinkers any day.

(Yoda’s voice)Freedom is a mind that is not burdened even in death. Some say it is ignorance I choose to call them simple. (trademark! trademark!)(Yoda’s voice)

johnnystorm

So the only option is thick and obviously nasty (so long as I’m not in the firing line) because someone clever could outwit me? What a shit outlook to have.

chewkw
    Free Member

johnnystorm – Member
    So the only option is thick and obviously nasty (so long as I’m not in the firing line) because someone clever could outwit me? What a shit outlook to have.

Simple does not mean thick or nasty.

Clever is just a perception of self … problem is people can clearly see you coming innit … hmmm … 😮

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Simple does not mean thick or nasty.

Quite right, just thick, slightly pathetic and desperate for attention. Like you.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Interesting thoughts on Donald Trump’ is closed to new replies.