Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Interesting – maybe?
  • tyger
    Free Member
    tankslapper
    Free Member

I keep saying this but this country has all the ingredients for a new Northern Ireland…….

religion
    division
    hatred
    etc it’s all there I’m afraid 🙁

SST
    Free Member

or maybe not 😉

druidh
    Free Member

A poll for the BBC showed the vast majority of Muslims in Britain oppose our involvement in the region, but also showed little support for the actions of the Taliban.

Swap the work British for Muslims and the same would hold true?

tyger
    Free Member

SST the support for the soldiers could be a problem maybe? Are you still in the UK btw?

samuri
    Free Member

Swap the work British for Muslims and the same would hold true?

Absolutely. That’s a silly report. What it does highlight is that we’re completely crap at integrating people into our society. All those people they asked who still believed themselves to be Pakistani first. There’s a reason they don’t feel British.

Mind you, thinking about it look at all the ridiculous Americans who still celebrate being Irish.

tyger
    Free Member

Not quite the same though is it!

epicyclo

Mind you, many Scots don’t feel British either, although we are happy enough to go off and kill foreigners for Britain 🙂

It would probably make a good poll – what % of people consider themselves British. I should rephrase that – what % of people consider themselves primarily British, and then their next nationality.

Me, I’ve always regarded being British as a secondary thing after being Scottish. Is it the same for English or Welsh people?

druidh
    Free Member
    colnagokid

Maybe people dont want to ‘be’ british, they just want to live here?
    Scottish people (that I know) dont want to be british- they’re scottish. same as yer welsh.
    What makes it difficult is when someone is from a completely different culture wants to live here, but wants to still live like they did from where they came, and not adopt the welsh/scottish/english/british way of life

druidh
    Free Member

Just like all those Brits that go to live in the Costa del Sol and want M&S and Tescos?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Interesting – maybe?’ is closed to new replies.