Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Intense SS to Ibis Mojo?
  • Curly68
    Free Member

I now regret selling my Tracer VPP and keeping my SS as a do it all bike as it doesn’t really fit into the amount of riding I find myself doing now.
    I fancy another Tracer or an Ibis Mojo looks good, possibly a Santa Cruz Nomad. I want a frame that will cost me no money and these seem to be around the same amount I can get for my frame and Lyrics.
    What do you think of these and will I regret changing?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I want a frame that will cost me no money

You’ll just have to wait till its your birthday or christmas (and hope you’ve been a good boy) then won’t you!

Highland28
    Free Member

Been riding an Ibis mojo for the last year now, was a little unsure about spending near on a grand on a bike frame before I bought it, but now I am so glad i did. It is such a nice ride, far better than the Ironhorse I was riding before, but than you should hope so with the price. I have it built up 1×9 with xt kit, rockshox revelation xx forks and strong hope hubs on ex721 rims. It takes everything that I can through at it, from xc rides which it takes perfectly due to it being under 30lb with its dh wheels (not sure exactly the weight) to taking on the DH tracks. I was down at Rheola on it at the weekend riding at the British University champs on it and granted I was having to pick my lines differently to those on their DH bikes but over the braking bumps that were forming brilliantly coping just as weel if not better than some of the DH rigs. It even took me down the hil 83rd quickest by the end of the weekend which even had me gob-smacked, I didn’t think i was pushing to hard, still running it as i would with all the xc kit i would normally have such as the single-ply tyres.
    My uncle is currently running a tracer 2, set-up slightly differently from my mojo with 36’s up front and 2×9 sram kit and hope hubs on flow rims. Again the bike runs really nicely, he does have it geared for pointing down more than up and could possibly d with having the forks lowered slightly, it again weighs only a fraction more than mine, but most of that is in the wheels.
    When both bikes are sat next to each other the suspension design is near on identical. In fact we can barely tell the difference except the slight positioning of one or 2 of the links.
    But i can’t recommend a mojo enough tbh, but you won ‘t go wrong with anything similar.

Curly68
    Free Member

Thank you Highland, that is very informative. I loved my Tracer, it was set up with 2×9 and Revelations up front. Did everything I asked of it but was going to ride more gravity orientated stuff (hence keeping the SS) and that never materialised.
    The SS is very nice to ride but a bit on the heavy side. I am in no hurry to sell the frame and forks. May just put it up and see what happens.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Intense SS to Ibis Mojo?’ is closed to new replies.