Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Intense Spider Comp 29er vs Yeti SB95C
  • rucknar
    Free Member

Hey Everyone,

Looking for some owner feedback on the above bikes?
    I’m getting rid of my two bikes and going down to one so i’m looking for a light-ish weight do it all bike.

Really interested to see what people who have ridden these think?

Thanks

Ed

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’ve seen a few spiders, shopping in bad ass bikes. They are beauties.

rucknar
    Free Member

Yea they look great and the geometry numbers stack up. My only concern is after some research that the intense frames are prone to issues due to poor QC.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    squealer
    Free Member

Spider comp owner here.
    Intense have had issues in the past but I’ve had no issues with my frame to date. It’s an amazing ride, does everything I need and more.
    I’ve Run it with 120mm and 140mm forks and the longer travel if definately the was to go.

sandal100

If its a carbon frame it’s not actually made by intense but is outsourced to Asia so I wouldn’t worry about it being wonky! I think from Tracer 2 onwards they are a lot more reliable with welding straight and keeping everything inline. I ride a Tracer 2 and have had no bother

rucknar
    Free Member

@squealer, been thinking about a fox 34 on the front so that’s good to hear 🙂

squealer
    Free Member

ahhh i was also considering a fox 34 but went for the X-fusion trace 29er in the end on the advice of J-tech.
    At half the price it’s a bargain and J-tech recommended it over the fox for performance and i’d agree. It’s an amazing fork.

honourablegeorge

superted666 – Member

My only concern is after some research that the intense frames are prone to issues due to poor QC.

Google “Yeti Chainstay” in that case. Should reassure you that Intense are no worse than Yeti.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Intense Spider Comp 29er vs Yeti SB95C’ is closed to new replies.