Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Intense Slopestyles – Talk To Me
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Been looking at these (the earlier versions) and they seem to tick a lot of boxes. Does anyone have one/had one? Want something with a decent amount of travel that’ll build up pretty light but also take a beating.

Cheers
    Dave

Valleyboy123
    Free Member

My mate has a slope style 2, i love the geometry and the way it sets you up to launch off everything, it’s got a fairly long low set up to it with a high head tube which gives it a relaxed feel and is perfect for pointing downwards.

However it depends on what you want the bike to do, my mate is currently considering getting rid of it because it’s neither a full on downhill bike or an all mountain bike. Due to the frame construction you can only use a single front ring and the geometry which is great for going downhill makes it hardwork riding up.

Like I said it really depends what you want to use it for, I’m not sure what the ss1 are like, there a few for sale on pink bike.

Cheers
    Nick

wheelz
    Free Member

I’ve had two Slopestyle frames, both the earlier version and not the SS2.

I built the first one up with a double and bash and used to pedal it around quite happily. Wouldn’t say it was an all-day bike, but it was great for trail centre days. It weighed around 34lbs IIRC, so it was no lightweight. Fantastic on the downs though.

The second one I had I built up with a single chainring up front and used it for more downhill orientated riding. Could keep up fairly well with mates on DH bikes on most runs.

Never had any problems at all with mine, with the exception of the pivot bolts, which are prone to falling out if not secured with loctite.

Sold the last SS to buy a DH hill bike, which I’ve since sold on. Was on the look out for another Intense SS frame, but bought a Froggy 518 instead.

jedi

my mate had one and it cracked in about 6 places. i loved the look but steered away 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Don’t think they sound right for me… Cheers guys.

kawato
    Free Member

Have built mine up to about 31 lbs and that is really lightweight build – think – SLr saddle, thomson, XTR and carbon bars with 36’s.

The problem with mine is that it has a coil shock and it can make it a bit sluggish on the ups. However on the downs and once you flatten out its an absolute hoot. The suspension on mine (running a DHX with a Ti Spring) is super plush (you feel like you are in it rather than on it) which wouldnt be a problem if it weighed a couple of lbs less.

I think possibly it might work better with an air shock as this might make the back end less sluggish…somehting i’m considering getting to run it side by side with the coil depending on what i’m riding.

dans160
    Free Member

Love mine. I run it with a Bos Stoy on the back and it climbs pretty well IMHO. A dropper post has made a huge difference to it’s all day abilities and it even has the cable routing for one. Do not be put off, they are excellent bikes and mine is still in one piece. My pivot bolts have never fallen out. I’m still not sure how people manage to do that, either that or I’m lucky.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Intense Slopestyles – Talk To Me’ is closed to new replies.