Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Intense Slopestyle any good as a AM bike
  • cove123

any owners thoughts on this frame for an Alps bike?

chameleon78
    Free Member

I'd have said its awesome, but then i don't own one!

Curly68
    Free Member

Apparently they pedal quite well for a biggish travel bike. Rutland Cycling have got some frames for £1199 I think or thereabouts. I'm going there tomorrow to pick up a 6.6 frame.

brant
    Free Member

Very good. Designed by Nigel Page actually, and this is what he intended it to be. He's not quite sure why it was called the Slopestyle!

cove123

cheers for feed back, cove123

wheelz
    Free Member

I've just bought one for use in the Alps. I already have a 6.6 and there is no real difference in pedaluphillability between the two, to the point where I'm wondering whether it's worth keeping the 6.6 or swapping it for a more XC orientated full susser.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

My mate rides one as an all dayer, he loves it..

0pt1cal
    Free Member

SS is a great handling bike and will be excellent in the Alps..I prefer the Uzzi VP as its a better climber & descender.

Reign_Man
    Free Member

Sorry for the hijack, but a question for wheelz, what is the 6.6 like as an all day bike, seen a really good deal on an 08 and wondered how much it would differ from my giant reign

wheelz
    Free Member

Reign_Man – the 6.6 has been pretty good as an all-day bike. Mine is built up with Fox Talas 36RC2 forks and an RP23 shock, so it's not exactly lightweight, but it pedals better than a lot of other 6" travel bikes I've ridden.

The only issue I have with it really is that the back end is a little bit flexy.

deserter
    Free Member

on mtbr they moan about the b/b being very low for technical climbing,I use mine for downhill use as I'm lucky and have bike parks with uplifts, but a lot of people seem to have bought this bike specifically because they don't have uplifts and have to pedal up

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Intense Slopestyle any good as a AM bike’ is closed to new replies.