• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jas.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Intense 5.5 anyone got/ridden one
  • grahamt1980

Am looking for a new frame and have been offered one of these cheap.
    Has anyone ridden one and got opinions of one.

Cheers
    Graham

trailmoggy
    Free Member

sold mine a few weeks ago

really quick when pedaling on descents and the flat stuff but can feel twitchy at times, they climb great

the VPP system takes a bit of getting used to and does give you kick from time to time

make sure you shock is set up spot on or it will feel like a bag of shite

if its a small or medium frame you might want to watch you fork dials catching on the downtube

overall i enjoyed mine

roundwheels
    Free Member

Same as trailmoggy great bike you won't go wrong with one ,at the moment I can't think of a bike to replace it with.

shooterman

I used to have one and found it great. I only sold it because I fall between frame sizes. If I could find somewhere selling them now, I would have one again.

backhander
    Free Member

I have one, and like it. I demo'd a blur LT2 recently and preferred my 5.5.
    I really don't think there's anything worth upgrading to at the moment (and I've looked).
    It's certainly fast going downwards.

grahamt1980

OK sounds good to me.
    Have heard the can be a little twitchy or is this magazine BS?

greeble
    Free Member

Elbry has one

grahamt1980

Yeah great, thats helpful

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

My mate is thinking of selling his large 5.5 evp frame in red (maybe fox forks to) as he now has a Zesty 514.

Interested?, if so mail me & I'll put you in touch.

grahamt1980

Sent you a mail

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

i have sent him a mail too!

Mole
    Free Member

They are awesome bikes,i'd say you've gotta be on the ball all the time tho,can be a hand full when you're not[ie hangover or marathon racing]
    Pretty high maintenance and poor mud clearance[04 model] is why its hung up at the moment.

dustytrails

IMO. they ride pretty good. IMO not as well as a 5spot. but is very personal – Certainly go down well, Bearings didn't las too well but theyre standard sizes that can be replaced from local bearing supplier if you need some quick. If the price is right, get one

dustytrails

BTW mine was one of the earlier ones.

grahamt1980

Anyone know if you can fit a maxle to the rear dropouts?

Coasting
    Free Member

Had one a couple of years back.Lovely bike but demand your full attention as they can be a handfull.Having said that when your on your game they are immensely rewarding.Probably the most fun bike ive eva owned.Just be aware of the bikes dark side.I wouldnt be to worried about the bearing issue as i only replaced mine once in two years and they are as cheap as chips from the local engineer supplier.Also as stated above,the rear shock setup is very important

si-wilson
    Free Member

Grahamt1980, if you still fancy the look of the VF2 drop me a mail as i have a VF2 at a price that might tempt you 😉

mwleeds

Have heard the can be a little twitchy or is this magazine BS?

😆 no they're definitely twitchy!. Not my thing but a mate has one and loves it. Probably worth trying to get a ride on one though, more love it/hate it than any other bike I've ridden.

jas
    Free Member

the best bike ive ever had and ive had a lot .2 years not a problem goes up great goes down great you can hammer the down hills you can do epic all day rides on it ,what an awsome bike. ive demoed everything since owning this bike and still cant find anything i like better, but the searching for that better newer it must be better its new, that yearning we all have has got the better of me and mine is now on ebay .black 5.5 .2010 714 now resting in my hall .im gonna try it tomorow it better be better or im gona kick my own arse for being that newer better arse!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Intense 5.5 anyone got/ridden one’ is closed to new replies.