Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Integrated to standard headset adaptors
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Anyone, in particular Giant owners got any kicking about. I might need some as hopefully I shall be mating up some standard Ahead forks to an integrated frame and want to avoid the flared skirt look.

Giant used to supply them with framesets.

accu
    Free Member

oldgit, if you find such a headset-adaptor please post a picture..
    would be really interesting … it shouldn`t be very difficult to make them, or have them made…
    thank you…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

betd make em

Olly
    Free Member

ive got one but i really wouldnt reccomend it, it looks very very untidy, and leaves gaping holes in the top and bottom of the headset.

the headtube is still going to be massive, just with a little "normal" headset hanging out the bottom, surely?

i dont see me wanting mine, if you want em you can have em.

(im assuming this is what they are, i alway have done, they are aluminium split rings, with a pallisade internal edge (like battlements of a castle wall) which would leave holes around the normal headset surely?

it came with my trance, ill take a photo of it later this afternoon.

oldgit
    Free Member

Olly
    That's the thingies.
    I've built a budget/shoestring 2nd cross bike with integrated frame and standard forks. I've got both type of headset and wanted to tinker to see what looks the best as both will work ok.

tracknicko
    Free Member

whats wrong with the integrated look sorry? i just got a cane creek zs… think it looks good. or are we on about the 1.5 integrated dh jobby?

Olly
    Free Member

well your welcome to them oldgit.

ill get some piccies up of them.
    my hotmail address is on my profile, if you want to mail me your address ill post them, or i could bother to come on a STW quantocks ride some time (your sw based are you not?)

oldgit
    Free Member

Thanks Olly, I'm actually in Bedfordshire. You really don't need to go to any trouble. I'll have a tinker and give you a shout if I need them.
    Cheers.

tracknicko.
    Cyclocross forks that weren't designed to run in an integrated frame can look a little odd, as they narrow towards the steerer. The frames for integrated headsets on the other hand flare out at the same point.

tracknicko
    Free Member

ahh ok. is it an FS frame with a solid fork?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Integrated to standard headset adaptors’ is closed to new replies.