Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Insurance quotes changing hugely day by day
  • bigsam
    Free Member

Toying with the idea of changing my car, so yesterday I went on a comparison site to get some hypothetical quotes (I also put my car in as well so i have a baseline). Anyway, came to put in another car tonight and the quote seems high for what it was….. So I put my current car through the system again (exact same specifics etc) and the quote is about £100 more than it was yesterday, in fact all the cars I got quotes for yesterday are about £100 more today! Anyone experienced this before?

wilburt
    Free Member

Prices increase the nearer you are to the start date. Unorganized people are a higher risk(apparently).

Or it could be one of any number of pricing changes that are constantly being applied.

Tax has recently increased on insurance for example.

riddoch

Also it was 1st of the month so maybe some price changes align with that.
    I have had a house insurance quote at one point that for one day only was about £300 cheaper than any other identical quote I got. I did it on my phone on their mobile site, they still honoured it too.

Daffy

Start of the new financial year, almost all insurance companies will have changed their pricing to account for the change in the insurance laws.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

What wilburt said.

We got a second car a few months ago. Rang round for quotes. It was cheaper by a lot if I started the insurance 3 days later rather than on the same day.

I asked why, they said it shows that you are more organised and therefore less risky!

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Most likely due to the very recent change in the discount rates that insurers can apply to the Ogden tables which are used to work out settlement figures in personal injury claims. Until recently insurers could apply a discount based on the assumption that someone awarded a lump some could generate an investment income of a certain level, which is not the case in the current low interest rate environment. The compound effect of this on an award for say loss of earnings or long term medical care over a number of years is huge, leading to potentially far bigger payouts. Insurers are passing the cost of this onto consumers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Insurance quotes changing hugely day by day’ is closed to new replies.