Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Insurance question for mountainbike
  • bros
    Free Member

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and pretty new to mountainbiking. I’ve just bought a new bike and want to insure it. I’ve been told that Cycleguard is bad from numerous sources. Does anyone have any specific insurers they use that are reputable and good value?

stevied
    Free Member

Can you add it onto your house insurance or could it be covered anyway in the policy T’s & C’s?

rocketman
    Free Member

Have got mine on the contents with Aviva up to £3.5 k per bike if they are stolen while away from home & unlimited at home providing you tell them exactly what you’ve got and they agree to it.

Have had the misfortune to make a claim and they didn’t make a crisis out of it

bros
    Free Member

Thanks guys, maybe that’s the way to go.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I will start by saying I have no affiliation with them however I have home Insurance with Pedal Cover which is a AXA policy but tailored to cover valuables including bikes without the usual onerous restrictions. If I remember correctly I do not have to specify any valuable inc bikes under £15k (per item) and they are fully covered as long as the garage is locked and they are covered for £10k away from home.

Darren (I think?) who runs the brokers is very helpful.

I did a lot of shopping around and could get a similar but not identical AXA backed policy elsewhere for a similar but slightly greater price however it didn’t cover the bikes to the same value either at home or away from home.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Insurance question for mountainbike’ is closed to new replies.