Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Insurance dilemma….
  • quentinfarquar
    Free Member

So had a Patriot stolen, nearest bike in terms of spec was the Five SE at £3,299, also lost a couple off decent locks and light brackets so another £150, giving a total of 3,450. I asked for a cash settlement as don't need the Five as have a mojo, but they will only pay 2700 after 100 excess.

So now I am wishing I just had a shiny new 5, I carn't believe they can get the 5 that cheap. But I really don't need it, just don't like been shafted twice on the theft of a bike.

thv3
    Free Member

As a matter of interest who is your insurer?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Normally if you want a cash settlement they have the right to discount your claim as they get the bikes at trade or near trade price. Usually 90% of the claim IIRC

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I'd ask them to show you what shop they could get it at that price? I'd just play hard to get untill they give in.

bloodyshins
    Free Member

Wow I'd consider yourself lucky mate. In my experience insurers will do just about anything they can to not pay up on stolen bikes. The fact that their willing to replace new for old and not try to fob you off with 'market value' is pretty good. Do you mind telling us who your insurer is as I might give em a look.

grantway
    Free Member

How about an Alpine 160 and bring it upto spec of the Patriot
    using Orange upgrade option.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Insurance dilemma….’ is closed to new replies.