Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Instagram – code of conduct?
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I know Instagram is meant to be a snapshot of life taken on your camera, but there are other ways round this (I know – I use them).

However, I tend to hashtag the camera used to get the shot, and also tag when there’s no filter or other manipulation. I feel this way I’m being ‘honest’ (not sure who to, but I sleep easier doing it).

Are there any unwritten codes of conduct around Instagram use?

bikebouy
    Free Member

No.
    You are weirdos..

BobaFatt
    Free Member

You have to take pictures of stuff you’re eating, have at least one photo of a woman dragging you along and 850 photos of stuff you’re really not (honestly) selling

Oh, and don’t forget motivational quotes #blessed

brakes
    Free Member

#this #is #the #best #thread #ever #yolo #bbw #gsoh #fsh #smidsy

sirromj

One of my finest

#local #boring #insular #field #greyskythinking #pylons

rewski
    Free Member

sirromj

legend
    Free Member

#local #boring #insular #field #greyskythinking #pylons

#UFO!!!!

DezB
    Free Member

Are there any unwritten codes of conduct around Instagram use?
    no grooming

MSP

no grooming

#prayforthemetrosexuals

simondbarnes

#WTAF

wwaswas

The trick is to add *loads* of hashtags to a photo for the first few days.

You get loads of likes from people who follow the hash tags.

The remove the hashtags by editing the comment.

Looks like you got all the likes organically and that’s a good thing.

(I don’t do this and feel grateful if I break double figures on an image)

miketually
    Free Member

I point the phone at something (usually beer, bikes or dogs) and then share the picture.

Am I doing Instagram wrong?

miketually
    Free Member

#WTAF

#WGAF

munrobiker
    Free Member

I do it two ways.

My personal account I can’t be arsed doing more than three or four tags, and certainly not the camera. Usually just what it is (bikes), where it is (Scotland) and which hill it is (Ben Lomond).

My other account, that’s for a website, I’ll max out on hashtags which is tedious as hell. But I’d never tag the camera, and only one person who’s submitted a photo has asked me to mention what the camera was.

P-Jay
    Free Member

miketually – Member

I point the phone at something (usually beer, bikes or dogs) and then share the picture.

Yeah, it’s not really social media, it’s a game – you’re meant to take a spontaneous picture (that took about a hour and 300 attempts to get right) then ‘shop’ it, then add a filter that makes any human skin looked tanned and healthy colours more vivid etc. and you’re left with a heavily stylised version of real life.

Then post it up with a zillion hashtags so it appears in as many people discover feeds as possible.

The winner is the one who can convince enough people to move their thumb up and down twice to congratulate them on their version of what they think looks like the perfect made up version of them and their made up life.

Your score denotes how valuable you are as a human being.

bigyinn
    Free Member

As far as I can work out, IG is just a way of making a perfectly good photo look shit.

mccraque

As far as I can work out, IG is just a way of making a perfectly good photo look shit.

Au contraire – I think Instagram is a magnificent turd polisher. I often just tweak the contrast a little add a tiny bit of lux/saturation. Have had a few published in the magazines (probably on their quiet months, mind you!)

DezB
    Free Member

Is Instagram the one where you can make yourself looks like a dog with your tongue hanging out? That’s hilarious that. Especially the 227th person you see like it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

No that’s Snapchat ..

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

You have to take pictures of stuff you’re eating, have at least one photo of a woman dragging you along and 850 photos of stuff you’re really not (honestly) selling

Oh, and don’t forget motivational quotes #blessed

😆

My other account, that’s for a website, I’ll max out on hashtags which is tedious as hell. But I’d never tag the camera, and only one person who’s submitted a photo has asked me to mention what the camera was.

I thought seven was optimum. Any more is attention seeking. 😉

Looks like you got all the likes organically and that’s a good thing.

I think most of them are FB friends… 😳

point the phone at something (usually beer, bikes or dogs) and then share the picture.

Totally. 😆

grum
    Free Member

Somewhat related – when researching stuff to do with camper vans I came across this, quite an interesting read about the reality behind some of the idyllic lifestyle Instagram feeds:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/04/24/vanlife-the-bohemian-social-media-movement

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Read that a while ago. Interesting read, and an interesting view on the phenomena of how social media is evolving. And the potential soul-selling involved.

But then you gotta pay the bills somewhere.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Instagram – code of conduct?’ is closed to new replies.