Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • inspire me with your rhubarb dishes please
  • sadexpunk

been given some rhubarb by a kindly neighbour. ive always been a rhubarb crumble sort of bloke (pudding of the gods), and itll take something special from you to make me deviate from that.

so, sweet or savoury, do your best please 🙂

bearnecessities

Rhubarb & ginger jam.

It’s bloody marvellous 🙂

(You probably know, but once cut, you really should use to create dish of choice within a couple of days)

midlifecrashes

Had some Rhubarb Bakewell tart in a cafe the other day. Yummy.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Love this Rhubarb and Pork noodle dish. Sounded unusual first time I read the recipe. Tastes awesome.
    http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pork-recipes/my-favourite-hot-and-sour-rhubarb-and-crispy-pork-with-noodles/#ROmVye0f1MZ78ILI.97

mrmoosehead
    Free Member

Yorkshire rhubarb mess.

Like eton mess, but with rhubarb instead (might need to poach in sugar a bit first, depending on how sharp the rhubarb is)

z1ppy

Saved for next years crop .. as mines just been transplanted.. have to let it settle in this year

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Sticky Rhubarb Pudding

Made this at the weekend. Delicious. Has a frosted crunchy coating on top of sponge, on top of sticky rhubarb.

imn

Rhubarb fool if you like puds. Poach or roast the diced rhubarb with some orange zest and a splash of juice (& sugar if wanted). Mix proper custard with whipped double cream and then combine. Works well with gingernut biscuits crumbled through too. Yum 😛

MoreCashThanDash

My lad used rhubarb in an Eves Pudding he made at school. Even he was pleasantly surprised.

Have to go some to beat a good crumble though.

khani
    Free Member

Rhubarb crumble ice cream, take some cold rhubarb crumble, make some ice cream mix with egg yokes and cream and sugar, mash the mix and crumble together and chuck it in an ice cream maker,
    It’s really really nice..

sadexpunk

thanks chaps. few nice recipes there, and one of the pages led me to my final choice, a rhubarb nut crumble.

its cooking as i type. thanks again 🙂

willard

I had a superb Rhubarb and berry crumble the other day. Really sweet, with the rhubarb tang backing it up. The crumble was crunchy and sticky at the same time.

It was really quite nice.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Stew for a few minutes in boiling water with a dessert spoon of sugar and two tsps of ground ginger, drain, slop into bowl whilst hot and dump a load of icecream on top

bearnecessities

Willard, that’s made me quite hungry you bastard. 😀 I may have to attack the lone rhubarb plant prematurely now!

bearnecessities

Allotment rhubarb & ginger jam in progress 😛

benji
    Free Member

Rhubarb crumble is good, but make it even better with a few strawberries chucked in, and then chop some marzipan up to put in the crumble mix.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Rhubarb, pork and proscuitto.

Wrap pork loin in prosecution then lay on a bed of rhubarb which are cut to about 3 inches long. Roast until done. bloody lovely!

bearnecessities

It’s Jam, Jim!

I may have buggered the first batch 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘inspire me with your rhubarb dishes please’ is closed to new replies.