Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Inspire me to ride this weekend
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I haven’t been out on a proper ride since before Christmas when I went to Swinley and died of a chest infection. I have had one quick blast around Lordswood when I discovered a bent chain ring prevented me riding up hill.

The weather now looks nice but my motivation is low. I know that when I go out I will be slower and less fit than I was which means all the hills are steeper and longer, all the down hills are slower and less flowy.

Make me want to ride again please

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I can’t even post in the right forum. If anyone can move this over then please do.

Hohum
    Free Member

I have not been out on my bike for longer than you have so I know how you feel, particularly about how much bigger the hills will have become 🙁

I am trying to psyche myself up and I think the thought that will get me out there again is that after a fallow period you do have to start again and dusting off the cobwebs now will mean that your fitness will be much better when the good weather comes.

pedalhead
    Free Member

If you don’t ride now, your fitness will be much worse when you eventually do 😀

JEngledow
    Free Member

GO AND RIDE YOUR BIKE, YOU LAZY MO-FO

(Motivating others has never been a strong point of mine 🙄 )

mamadirt
    Free Member

Go find a monument! . . . or buy a BMX (hopefully both will get me out this weekend) 😛

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I shall go find a monument!

iDave
    Free Member

why should you ride? you’ve never got any pleasure from it before. it never made you feel better, or improved your health. just stay at home on the sofa and become a fat ****.

donsimon
    Free Member

just stay at home on the sofa and become a fat ****.

Thanks iDave, I do actualy think this’ll catch on. Where’s the phone? I’m hungry. 😈

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Your bike is sad; it misses you. Make it happy this weekend 🙂

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Step 1. Figure out what motivates you. Are you a “towards” or “away from”?
    The difference is in your reasoning.

eg Towards = It will be great; looking forwards to the feeling of the wind in my hair; etc

eg Away-From = If you don’t then you will turn into a fat blob; you will wish you had done it; you’ll be crap if you don’t get out and do some, etc.

Now go apply whichever approach motivates you.

spikester
    Free Member

Get out and ride!!!! Spring will be here before you know it with all that lovely green grass and bright blue skies!
    Sure it’s hard work getting out but think how much better you will be by then.
    One shot at life and all that?
    Enjoy your ride

DezB
    Free Member

Think yourself lucky you can get out. I have to paint my bedroom this weekend 🙁

philconsequence
    Free Member

put your bike by the front (or back… you’re choice, i’m not one to judge) door with a note on it saying “ride me”

if you dont give in to your bikes wishes by the end of the weekend then i’m taking your off my christmas card list*

*I do not have a christmas card list. i’m sorry for misleading you x

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Inspire me to ride this weekend’ is closed to new replies.