Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Inspiration needed – Christening Present
  • fannybaws
    Free Member

Hi

off to a christening at the weekend and need some inspiration for a present. the baby is about a year.

thanks in advance

thomthumb
    Free Member

i have a pewter mug, a candle, a silver rattle and some candle sticks. they are all ugly and useless and my mum won’t let me pawn them.

buy something useful/ tasteful.

Stoner
    Free Member

ask for the details of the childs investment fund which it’s parents will have opened with the voucher for the government. Make a payment into that.

meeeee
    Free Member

pack of shiny new coins (all the ones in current crculation) from the year of birth? Look on the royal mint website – might be something nice to have when they’re older.

steve-g
    Free Member

A childrens bible with pictures in it?

Stoner
    Free Member

A childrens bible with pictures in it?

great idea! 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

how religious are the parents?

if very religious then they would be happy with the bible, the old testament prehaps. yeah the kid may have nightmares but surely that is the idea of religion – to scare us away from sins that will lead us to pergatory.

if the parents are not particularly religious and are doing the whole bullshit water on the head thing because they are attention seeking whores who want the world to see that his testes and her ovaries function then buy them a bible.

takisawa2

CRC Vouchers.!!!

We’ve a bloody cupboard full of pewter stuff/spoons etc.

Seriously though, our two little uns love THESE

alpin
    Free Member

@ stoner’s pic. BRILLIANT.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Why would you even buy a present? Either you subscribe to the religious element, in which case a present is probably inappropriate (merchants in the temple anyone?) or you don’t in which a present is redundant.

I was godparent to my nephew recently and one of the godparents bought him a guitar. I mean he’s six months old for **** sake, what’s he going to do with a guitar, drool on it?

Harry_the_Spider

Early Learing Centre vouchers.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Oh and Alpin, it’s purgatory not pergatory. I am most likely an atheist myself, but it’s always better to be informed about one’s beliefs rather than ignorant of them.

alpin
    Free Member

and spelling….. cheers.

SweetJumps
    Free Member

A towel, after they splash holy water on his / her face the baby will be grateful!

Muke
    Free Member

Says 3+ but they will grow into it

b1galus
    Free Member

a pipe of port always goes down well and is fairly traditional

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Inspiration needed – Christening Present’ is closed to new replies.