Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Insomnia
  • flow
    Free Member

For the past 3 months I haven’t been able to sleep very well at all, sometimes only getting 2-3 hours a night at most.

No matter what I do, nothing helps, except sleeping tablets which I don’t want to be taking. For example, I didn’t sleep one night in particular, so the next day I thought I would go for a long ride. I did 50 miles on the road bike, got home, chilled out, and was thinking I will definitely sleep tonight, still no joy!

Has anyone suffered from the same and how did you get round it, its really starting to do my head in!

The doctors are no use whatsoever, I would have more joy plucking the hairs from my ball bags.

uplink
    Free Member

I’ve suffered on and off for the last 30 years or so

The best advice I ever got was to not stress about it and if you can’t sleep, get up and do something
    I survive now on 4-5 hrs most days

flow
    Free Member

I have read not to stress about it, its easier said than done though.

I forgot to add that during these few months I had a 2 week period of sleeping like a baby like I used to, then suddenly back to not sleeping again which made it even more frustrating!

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Insomnia…. no point losing sleep over it…..

Seriously, the wife used to suffer and it was almost always stress related. Sleeping pills did help, but as you note, they can cause stress in themselves.

Since having children she can fall asleep at the drop of a hat – much like me!

Gruff
    Free Member

I’m a big insomniac, have been since a child, where I’d be still awake after my parents went to sleep.
    Other people go bed, their head hits the pillow and zzzZZZzzz…
    Me I lye there for hours on end, with me mind ticking over!

I’ve found that I just have to either be so damned knackered (that my eyes are sore) or I have to manually shut down my brain first.
    So, now no TV before bed, definitely no computer games, or anything else repetitive, and then I read a book for as long as I take to get tired, sometimes a few mins, sometimes a few hours.
    If I don’t read, my mind ticks over and i don’t sleep. Even if it takes a few hours, I at least sleep the rest of the night, if i don’t, i don’t get any sleep at all…

Managed to read a lot of books over the years, too, which is great ;o)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Insomnia’ is closed to new replies.