Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • Inside Rolls Royce – Ch4
  • BigJohn

I bet the fancy bag they had made to ship the dashboard around in cost more than my car.

I’m glad there is room in the world for some perfectionists. Since my career change (from selling major IT projects to making wardrobes) I find my customers are happy to indulge my enthusiasm in pointing out how the join between the bridge unit and the wardrobe is really really neat.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Lets hope they never make a programme about £3000+ bicycles

The difference is that there is a thin red line between sustainable wealth that everyone can enjoy and wealth that starts to adversely effect everyone else on the planet.

We could, with the right application of technology probably be in a position where by all 7 billion of us could have a nice bicycle. The same can’t be said for a diamond encrusted Rolls Royce.

PeterPoddy just highlighted his childish take on economics.

Oh and what PP said whilst I agree on the distribution of wealth is messed up unless you don’t buy yourself luxuries and contribute you spare cash to the these starving millions you’re not better. What’s to say they don’t give away millions to charities.

Again, this poster demonstrates a profound misunderstanding of economics to enable a bit of ad hom.

LoCo
    Free Member

No class to the mark any more

Whatever do you mean, Alan Sugar has one 😉

cleanerbybike
    Free Member

What Binners said …

I’ve just watched this on catch up, knowing full well it would annoy me. Intrigue got the better of me though.

The bloke who drove, or rather was driven, 1/2 a mile to his place of work was completely taking the pee. Anyone who thinks this kind of behaviour is acceptable and doesn’t require modifying is living in a different world.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

A thoroughly depressing and dispiriting programme in every respect. It summed up pretty much everything about the totally ****ed up world we now inhabit. I find it utterly depressing that all that skill and effort, all those resources are now ploughed into providing gaudy trinkets for the stratospherically rich, to sit alongside their other ridiculous tat.. And whats worse; for some utterly inexplicable reason we’re supposed to celebrate and applaud this, and even aspire to it as the very pinnacle of human existence

Totally agree with you, I find it utterly hilarious that some idiots still manage to come up with shakey theories to justify their own delusional unobtainable aspirations.

There’s a phrase from a film “Be careful Preston, you’re treading on my dreams”. When people feel their unconcious dreams are being trodden on, they resort to any argument in an attempt to defend them – including aggressive ad hom attacks.

nealglover
    Free Member

…..including aggressive ad hom attacks.

A few seconds earlier…..

I find it hilarious that some idiots still manage to … Etc

Well played indeed.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I don’t suffer fools anymore Neal, if you want to go ad hom then I feel fairly justified in engaging in my own bit of character assaination.

The general lack of critical thinking shown by most is starting to tear a hole in the fabric of my being.

nealglover
    Free Member

Where did I insult anyone ?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

When you’ve sold everything you own and given it all to charity and spent your time working selflessly for others, I’ll listen to you. Until then, do us all a favour and shut up.

When you +1’d this, dismissing someones point of view without any sort of rational argument.

Drac

Do we really have to have another “you started it argument”? Step back and take a breath before we have to take measures. Thanks.

Jamie
    Free Member

Do we really have to have another “you started it argument”? Step back and take a breath before we have to take measures. Thanks.

Leave it, Drac! It’s not worth it!

*spills everyone’s pint*

nealglover
    Free Member

When you +1’d this, dismissing someones point of view without any sort of rational argument.

So I agreed with someone who made a point.

And for that, I get called an idiot and a fool.

By someone who criticises everyone for making personal attacks.

Well argued. You’ve really made your point well there.

tomhoward

*lays into Jamie, for spilling my cranberry juice*

stomlinson
    Free Member

I worked at Bentley for a while there cars are really nice but massively overpriced people just pay for a status symbol, don’t get me wrong I would love to own such cars but would never chose that lifestyle over riding bikes with my buddies it is better to do shit than have shit!

binners

Did you call my pint a puff?!!!

muggomagic

Diamond encrusted cars? Pathetic!! Utterly ****ing pathetic!!!

It was a one off, a show car. The show was basically an hour long advert.

Hopefully it’ll get more orders rolling in, so that I get a bigger bonus next year. Who knows I might even be able to afford a new bike?

revoltos
    Free Member

Can I just say for what its worth. These cars only wear the Rolls Royce brand. They are BMW powered and BMW designed cars. They are simply assembled over here. Bently in Crewe is where alot of the old Rolls Royce heritage was when talking about the car buisness,thats now owned by VW. Rolls Royce only manufactures Gas Turbines now along with a few other aquisitions but has nothing to do with the cars.

Jamie
    Free Member

*claret everywhere*

Who spilled my glass of claret?

RustySpanner

Drac.

Are you ok with the universal freedom to vote for a party who would like to reduce inequality?
    Or would the same restrictions apply to democracy and representation as well as freedom of speech?

richmars

Interesting bit with the RR PR bloke trying to justify the expense of the press lunch. Oh yes, a journalist is going to slag off a RR because the hotel only has a one star chef! I’m sure the journo isn’t thinking about the next jolly when he writes his/her bit for the newspaper.

tomhoward

I’m sure the journo isn’t thinking about the next jolly when he writes his/her bit for the newspaper.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

*claret everywhere*

Who spilled my glass of claret?

You really ought not to be drinking Claret with that Lamb Bhuna, a good Barolo would work better.

footflaps

before we have to take measures. Thanks.

He’ll be taking away all your hair shirts in a minute….

LoCo
    Free Member

You really ought not to be drinking Claret with that Lamb Bhuna, a good Barolo would work better.

A good Rose with curry is a better bet 😉

tomhoward

Wine? with curry?

Alright poshos…..

LoCo
    Free Member

Only after the Bangla has run out, you looking at my Rose BTW 👿

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

…anyway, back to the cars.

I had to laugh at the ‘big moment’ when the diamond encrusted door was opened and you could barely see the things. Utterly underwhelming!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I dont know why youd have anything other than beer with curry.

project
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

Give me strength. Why does someone always have to trot that old shit out every time? Just because someone is dying in a desert somewhere doesn’t mean someone else can’t build or buy an expensive car you know.

No one said people shouldn’t build or buy expensive cars.

When you’ve sold everything you own and given it all to charity and spent your time working selflessly for others, I’ll listen to you. Until then, do us all a favour and shut up.

What a few pathetic comments, it was just a sales advert disguised as a documentry,to sell german desined cars to rich people with little taste or ability to obviously understand the basics of hunger and unemploynment a lot of the world are facing, there was very little about the engineering and testing of the vehicles just stupid add ons they dont sell at Halfords.

But there is an old saying a fool and his money are easily parted from it.

Jamie
    Free Member

But there is an old saying a fool and his money are easily parted from it.

The Lottery?

project
    Free Member

any sort of gambling jamie.

RustySpanner

Jamie
    Free Member

A foal and his money are….erm…hang on, bear with me, I’ll get this pun to work if it kills me.

matt_outandabout

Foal’ded like a straw under a bears paw?

benji
    Free Member

Wonder if Rolls Royce under their bespoke options, would allow there car to leave the factory adorned in BMW badges. I must admit having driven a few rollers over the years they really don’t float my boat, too ostentatious and just massive. I’ll stick to dreaming of owning a nice 5 series estate.

And oi who knocked over my mug of cocoa 😆

El-bent
    Free Member

And whats worse; for some utterly inexplicable reason we’re supposed to celebrate and applaud this, and even aspire to it as the very pinnacle of human existence

Its the aspirations of the majority this wealthy minority play upon. Some people even on this thread dream of being like them one day, when in reality it will never happen, yet they still seem happy to go along with all what the wealthy minority have planned for us.

rkk01
    Free Member

Just watched this on playback…

Very interesting programme, but my god it reinforced my prejudices.

Happy to have the chip(s) on my shoulder(s) pointed out to me when that sort of top end capitalism is sooo fooooked up – when the top end are creaming so, so much off of the economies of their respective countries; and leaving absolutely naff all for so many 😡

I have absolutely no problem with top people earning big money for their skills, talent etc. But nah, that’s not what’s happening here…

project
    Free Member

rkk01, WELL SAID,but youll have the closet conservativite capitalists from this thread on your back soon.

Strange non of them will actually have any chance of ever owning a rr, and the nearest they will ever come to riding in one will be funerals and weddings.

Caher

Just saw this – post ride…other than the rich v poor arguments above i did notice that most of the owners may have never ridden a bike or done much exercise in their lives. Cannot buy health and fitness.

BigJohn

But you can still buy Health & Efficiency.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Inside Rolls Royce – Ch4’ is closed to new replies.